Editing notes in Evernote?

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Is there no way to edit notes in the client app? The system seems really great but if I can't edit notes on the go, it's no good to me...

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't appear that you can. I was really bummed about this app after getting my hopes up about everything I thought I could do with it at work. It appears they are more concerned about adding features for the iPhone instead of making the Android client better. I've already complained to them about not being able to open MS Office documents in the Android client when they are attached with the Windows client. That was quite awhile ago, and they still haven't fixed it.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The 'append note' option doesn't exactly do what you'd expect it to do. It allows you to add text to an existing note, but not edit existing text in a note. That is, unless I'm missing something somewhere.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The Evernote team keeps claiming there will be a better Android app developed, but all they really seem intent on is developing for iphone. I abandoned evernote a long time ago for snaptic.

Kupe

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it. Using Evernote for Android 1.4 (84727), I can open a note to view it, select "Edit" from the menu, edit any portion of the note (insert, delete, append, whatever) including the title of a note, then save or discard the changes. What additional capability is needed? :confused:

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used Evernote in a while but I recall things being exactly the way Kupe explained. Never had problems editing notes.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I remember having no trouble editing notes, but the lack of on-phone caching made it a no-starter for me. Ported all my notes to snaptic and haven't looked back.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. Using Evernote for Android 1.4 (84727), I can open a note to view it, select "Edit" from the menu, edit any portion of the note (insert, delete, append, whatever) including the title of a note, then save or discard the changes. What additional capability is needed? :confused:

I think I figured out what's different with my notes versus what you are seeing. If I have a plain text note, I am given the same options as you (insert, delete, append, whatever). The problem is that most of my notes have either photos or MS Office files attached to them. When I open these notes, the only option I'm given is 'append text'. I'm using version 1.4.1.