08-16-2010 05:05 AM
63 123
tools
    If I download hancent, is it ok to delete the stock text messaging app?
    07-19-2010 11:47 PM
    If I download hancent, is it ok to delete the stock text messaging app?
    You can delete it off your homescreen but I don't think you can uninstall it. I can't check right now cause my phone is updating.

I'm having an issue with handcent. Sometimes my notification tone doesn't play when I get a text message. It's really annoying.
    07-19-2010 11:54 PM
    You can delete it off your homescreen but I don't think you can uninstall it. I can't check right now cause my phone is updating.

I'm having an issue with handcent. Sometimes my notification tone doesn't play when I get a text message. It's really annoying.
    Ok, maybe I can just adjust notification settings. Currently I am getting duplicate, one from stock app and one from handcent.
    07-20-2010 07:04 AM
    Ok, maybe I can just adjust notification settings. Currently I am getting duplicate, one from stock app and one from handcent.
    go in to the stock SMS app and disable notifications - that will stop the duplicates
    07-20-2010 07:08 AM
    i like handcent because you can change the led colors when its working,i like the different fonts,sizes,backgrounds for bubbles and wall paper,font and bubble colors man the custom options are endless and the stock app is boring and you cant customize anything on it!
    07-20-2010 07:16 AM
    some phone can customize the led like my moto droid, but i could never get to work on incredible
    It is but it still doesnt fix the LED problem. The problem being LED customization doesnt work.
    07-20-2010 07:54 AM
    I just updated it works awesome you can change led color now,after you update make sure you reboot the phone and then the option will be there mine is set to orange hope this helps
    07-20-2010 08:19 AM
    I still haven't been able to set leds for any thing. Is there a setting for leds in the menu?
    07-20-2010 08:33 AM
    there is not a setting for led's in the stock software ,only app's that have it can do it like handcent if you open it up and go to settings,notification settings scroll down you will see the section for the led you can pick the color and speed for text/mms but not seperate they will be the same color and this does not change the one for your email either,you can also download missed call from the market it will give you led options for missed calls that andriod os does not have built in hope this helps.
    07-20-2010 10:03 AM
    BUT LED customization isnt working on the Droidx with the current release of 3.2. I do know the developer is aware of it and is working on a fix.
    07-20-2010 12:33 PM
    my version is 321 and i am telling you that i did a reboot and my led works the option is not grayed out anymore and i have it set to orange so idk why its not working for you guys but it is for me even in my rating on the market i put a note to reboot the phone and i even emailed the dev and asked him to put that tip on the market in the remarks for his app.
    07-20-2010 12:46 PM
    my version is 321 and i am telling you that i did a reboot and my led works the option is not grayed out anymore and i have it set to orange so idk why its not working for you guys but it is for me even in my rating on the market i put a note to reboot the phone and i even emailed the dev and asked him to put that tip on the market in the remarks for his app.
    Yea my LED option works too. I wanted to use orange but the orange led doesn't really look orange so cyan it is.
    07-20-2010 01:14 PM
    My LED is blue now thanks to the Handcent update. Required a reboot to work though.
    07-20-2010 01:18 PM
    It was never grayed out, it simply didnt work. Right now I have a contact set to cyan and it lights up blue. Furthermore if you go to Handcent sms HomePage --sms plus software for android and go to the forums you will see it is an ongoing issue and the dev is working on it.
    07-20-2010 01:43 PM
    Try SMS PopUp, the LED notifications work for individual contacts and the popup screen uses larger pictures (but doesn't have as many options) just be to go into the stock SMS app and disable notifications, otherwise you will get duplicates.
    07-20-2010 01:56 PM
    Try SMS PopUp, the LED notifications work for individual contacts and the popup screen uses larger pictures (but doesn't have as many options) just be to go into the stock SMS app and disable notifications, otherwise you will get duplicates.
    sms popup resends random messages on the phone reboot so I wouldn't necessarily move to that yet.
    07-20-2010 02:47 PM
    It was never grayed out, it simply didnt work. Right now I have a contact set to cyan and it lights up blue. Furthermore if you go to Handcent sms HomePage --sms plus software for android and go to the forums you will see it is an ongoing issue and the dev is working on it.
    im not saying your wrong at all just simply stating it works wright on my phone!
    07-20-2010 04:22 PM
    im not saying your wrong at all just simply stating it works wright on my phone!
    Its really intermittent. Do custom colors work for you?
    07-20-2010 05:07 PM
    Idk i will try and report back.
    07-20-2010 06:53 PM
    I tried it all the pre made colors worked but custom ones did not work at all. i guess i was wrong.
    07-20-2010 07:03 PM
    Go into handcent then hit menu- settings- send message settings- shortcut key to send. Then you cand change it to use enter if you want.
    Oh wow. Thanks alot!
    07-21-2010 07:46 AM
    I downloaded launcher pro and I started to use handcent for SMS messaging...now when I receive text I get a double back2back notifications....how do adjust the text message settings so I only get one type of notification?
    07-29-2010 07:50 PM
    Go into the default text messaging application and disable those notifications and you'll only get one (handcent's).
    07-29-2010 08:00 PM
    go it thanks!!!

was getting annoyed hearing both sounds going off at the same time!!!
    07-29-2010 08:07 PM
    An update came out for Handcent today that specifically says better support for X and Incredible.
    mdmill1 likes this.
    08-04-2010 11:10 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD