swype in landscape mode

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering ... is there a way to enable the 'normal' keyboard in landscape mode??

I have read a lot of threads about swype so I started using it in portrait mode and love it.

But in landscape when your typing two handed it doesnt work as well as the stock predictive normal keyboard on the "x".

Thanks

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I assume you mean automatically switch between keyboards depending on orientation rather than long pressing in a text area and choosing the keyboard you want. Don't know if this is possible yet ... I just toggle with a long press.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
ive wondered this myself, but it looks like youll actually have to manually change it each time. but I agree Ive found that Swype excels in portrait mode

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea i agree that would be a useful feature. The swype keyboard is not really useful in landscape so Id love it if we could not have to do th e whole long press thing.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually prefer it in landscape mode as you can be far more accurate but I don't have a huge screen (HTC Desire) ... any bigger and I would agree with you. It would definitely be good to be able to choose keyboard based on orientation though.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Faster with a lot more errors in my case ... although I am only just getting to grips with it. (That and the fact that the Beta only lets me type American English which is amusing some of my text recipients a tad ... and I think impacting accuracy with certain words).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000