Strange pop up???

Nik Daniell

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, I keep getting a strange pop up box at the bottom of my screen, it says "YOU ARE OFFLINE, SCOREBOARD NEEDS ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION ". I have a HOX+, UK on Vodafone. No new apps have been installed to bring this issue with them, so i suppose its came with an update for an app. Funny thing is im connected to my home wifi so I've never not got full connection!? Hope its not spyware. Any ideas please guys.
Mant thanxs.
Nik.

Ibeekay

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I keep getting the same thing too! (Nexus 7). At first I thought it was for real, like maybe it was from one of the games I play but it's not. It sometimes makes a continuous sound also (hard to explain) like something is being pressed continuously. At first, I thought this was due to a notification coming in, but there is none. I thought it might be related to the pop up thing by they don't seem to occur simultaneously. Anyone with a solution? I also really hope it's not malware. :-\

Nik Daniell

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello again everyone and all! Today i thought i'd go through my apps 1 by 1 to see if this scoreboard thing was connected to one. Bingo (I think). I have an app called "Brain Age Test Free" by "Best Free Addictive Games Brain Factory" I installed it a few weeks ago but never opened the app until a few days ago, which was when this issue first started. So when you open the app at the bottom of the main menu there is a button that says scores, when you tap this up pops the pop up "YOU ARE OFFLINE, SCOREBOARD NEEDS ACTIVE INTERNET CONNECTION " so have uninstalled the app and not had the pop up again!!! The app worked fine on my HOX+, nothing against the dev, but i dont like the pop up so wont be reinstalling. Check your apps and see if you have this one or others from the same dev to see if its these causing the issue for you. Final conclusion would be that this isn't spy/malware but may be a drain on battery if its trying to update scores constantly in the background. I will post again if the issue arises again, otherwise take it as solved i suppose!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol