feedr
    07-19-2010 03:20 PM
    newsbob for me
    07-19-2010 03:24 PM
    2nd for feedr
    07-19-2010 04:49 PM
    newsrob
    07-19-2010 05:24 PM
    Feedr for me. I like that the widget will cycle through the different feeds I follow.
    07-19-2010 09:46 PM
    NewsRoom. Stunning UI - and so so so easy to use

LOVE IT!

after that, Newsrob.
    07-20-2010 08:44 AM
    I am also looking for the ultimate Google Reader program.
    I am looking for an application to be a really nice front end and allow me to view my Google Reader feeds without downloading and caching everything. The portable web Page is nice but I like stand alone apps if I can find them.
    I do not want anything that I have to add feeds within the app, it has to use my GR feeds.

Does feedr have to copy a ton of feeds down to the SD card? It has no trial for me to test it out. The market's return policy is nice but I need more than 24 hours to test it. Developers really need to step up and offer trial versions of applications.

newsrob and gReader seemed to have to sync and download a bunch of items before you can look at anything. I only played with them once real fast though but it seemed to be that way.

I do not want to use an application offline, though the option is always good to have.

I just tried NewsRoom and it has the best interface I have seen but it does not look like it supports my GR feeds. ii
    07-20-2010 08:57 AM

I just tried NewsRoom and it has the best interface I have seen but it does not look like it supports my GR feeds. ii
    You're right, it doesn't really support your GR feeds, mine neither, but it is so so easy to add them. And then you can back your feeds up, and export them all to the SD card so it doesn't take any space up on your phone.

I'm suitably impressed. (I bought it Sunday!)
    07-20-2010 09:40 AM
    You're right, it doesn't really support your GR feeds, mine neither, but it is so so easy to add them. And then you can back your feeds up, and export them all to the SD card so it doesn't take any space up on your phone.

I'm suitably impressed. (I bought it Sunday!)
    Thanks for the info. I would rather have a program that can see all my GR feeds though. I have a LOT of feeds and I like to be able to just add or change around my feeds on one location and the other programs just adjust to it. I do not want to have to add/change a feed to GR then add/change it again to the phone etc... trying to remember to keep them in sync.

I am not impressed, there is no excuse for NewsRoom to not support GR especially charging 5$. GR does not do anything non standard and all the APi's are out there for the developer to easily just use it.

We live in the cloud and centralized information is what we are all striving for. These days we should not have to duplicate things like this. To me having to re- add feeds it is like having to have separate contacts in Outlook and in Gmail, lame. ii
    07-20-2010 10:52 AM
    On the Windows Mobile platform (from which I came), I used SBSH's GoNews--which sync's with Google Reader. SBSH recently released a free Android version; however, it doesn't yet have the ability to sync with Google Reader (but that feature is supposedly imminent).
    07-21-2010 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD