dTor v1.0RC4 Available Now

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
***As of 7:56pm EST RC5 is the correct version, previous RC4 in this post had a minor flaw sorry!***

Here is the RC5 update for dTor torrent client. In this version we updated the following:

***MUST UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSION***
Notification Icon Added
User Settings Modified
Stability Enhanced
*Hopefully fixed incorrect Torrent Stats where torrent would show downloading even when finished

We have not solved the problem that some people are having, but are getting closer to a solution.

Happy Androiding,

Jason
BluePlanetApps, LLC
Blue Planet Apps Website
@blueplanetapps

Last edited:

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
To All,

I am trying to post the update to the Google App Market for those that are looking to update via the market. Unfortunately, Google is doing maintenance on the market and it is preventing me from uploading the update there. I will post the update to the market asap.

Thanks,

Jason

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
attention -- This is a developers thread to discuss his application in a useful way.

@slthree -- you had your say in the last thread. If you have nothing new to contribute, stop.

@everyone -- please feel free to ignore this bit of nastiness and continue the discussion of the application.

Thanks in advance.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, it appears that the new settings seem to be helping people who are able to run the application but have issue with dTor either slowing the device or crashing after downloading a torrent. To recap (RC4 has these settings by default), if you change:

Max Downloads to 1
Max Downloads per Torrent to 1
Max Threads per Torrent to 1
Max Uploads per torrent to 0
Max Uploads to 0

This should help it behave a lot better for RC2 and RC3 installs.

Another update will be along asap, within a day or two for RC6 which we "hope" will address the big Evo bug. Our biggest problem is that we don't have an Evo to work with and without actually testing and developing on it, makes solving the problem harder. I am trying to locate one without having to resort to Ebay extortion. If anyone knows of ANY location in the world that can hook up an Evo for me, I am sold.

Thanks,

Jason
Blue Planet Apps

Last edited:

crhoneh

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
force close

Still force closing on HTC evo did see the new notification at the top, but when clicked on it also causes a force close.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Still force closing on HTC evo did see the new notification at the top, but when clicked on it also causes a force close.

Ok, so you uninstalled RC3 and then deleted the dTor directory, rebooted, then installed RC5 and it is still FC on the Evo? Can you install Log Collector (a free app) and then send me a log after running dTor and having these issues to support@blueplanetapps.com I would like to see that Evo log.

Must get an Evo :)

-Jason

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes got that. We are looking at it now. This is going to be a late night. First time we have seen this on the DroidX. Thanks for the very useful data. Will take some time to look over.

crhoneh

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
dtor

Ok, so you uninstalled RC3 and then deleted the dTor directory, rebooted, then installed RC5 and it is still FC on the Evo? Can you install Log Collector (a free app) and then send me a log after running dTor and having these issues to support@blueplanetapps.com I would like to see that Evo log.

Must get an Evo :)

-Jason

I did miss the RC1 when i was deleting slash uninstalling everything, so that could of very easily been the problem... But unfortunately when i click the unlock now it says my time has expired which is promising. Furthest ive gotten since RC1. The notification still shows and when I click on it a force close option does pop up. Ill try the log collector but since i cant get too far idk what you'll be able to pull from it...

Marrewijk

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone already tried swarm? A new bittorrent client in the market. Curious which one works better. Anyone has an idea?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I did miss the RC1 when i was deleting slash uninstalling everything, so that could of very easily been the problem... But unfortunately when i click the unlock now it says my time has expired which is promising. Furthest ive gotten since RC1. The notification still shows and when I click on it a force close option does pop up. Ill try the log collector but since i cant get too far idk what you'll be able to pull from it...

We are resetting all the trial licenses and you will be able to get past the unlock part shortly. Unless you have an HTC type phone... more on this in a new post in this thread shortly. :(

oldmanwinter

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Jason,

Great job working on this app. I just installed RC5 on my Evo running Cyanogen 6 froyo (previously the evo with damagecontrol 3.2.1). Everything seems to be working well. the only issue i've been having is that while downloading a torrent, if the screen turns off, the torrent pauses. As soon as i turn it back on, the torrent resumes. I have been using both wifi and 3g.

let me know if you would like me to run any tests.

thanks,

mark

crhoneh

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Still forcing closing on my htc evo sometimes it tells me the license is expired sometimes it doesnt. Force closes either way. The notification will take me into the app but then force closes.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Jason,

Great job working on this app. I just installed RC5 on my Evo running Cyanogen 6 froyo (previously the evo with damagecontrol 3.2.1). Everything seems to be working well. the only issue i've been having is that while downloading a torrent, if the screen turns off, the torrent pauses. As soon as i turn it back on, the torrent resumes. I have been using both wifi and 3g.

let me know if you would like me to run any tests.

thanks,

mark

What do you know... an Evo that works :) go figure... lol. Thats the best news I heard all day.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Still forcing closing on my htc evo sometimes it tells me the license is expired sometimes it doesnt. Force closes either way. The notification will take me into the app but then force closes.

We now know that the issue causing the Evo problems is related to the licensing code and not dTor itself. So I am waiting on a fix from the programmers working on that and hope to have it out asap.

Syclone

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone already tried swarm? A new bittorrent client in the market. Curious which one works better. Anyone has an idea?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Yep, just bought it and started downloading a torrent right away on my EVO - no issues...and same price. ($4.99)

Swarm does not have a in app browser like Dtor does....Once Dtor works on the EVO I will probably go with it.

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Still having the FC issue, but its only when i'm actually downloading something. Also note that it let me unlock it for the first time today. Before it wouldn't let me, despite the fact that i paid for the app.

Progress is good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair