02-02-2011 04:03 AM
126 1234 ...
tools
    i agree. there better still be a free version available. again, it depends if you want those widgets which really are worth $2.99...
    07-20-2010 11:06 AM
    I understand it's still Free and I would hope he has the sense to keep a free version and not start taking things away from it. I just don't think widgets are worth 2.99, and then eventually 4.99 is all. Maybe .99 or at the most 1.99.

I don't mind paying for some apps to help the devs out for doing a great job, but the price is not justifiable for what this "big update" was supposed to be. Perhaps at some point I'll change my mind but initially after waiting for this 2nd coming of LP, I was hoping for more things like the option to remove the background in the app drawer and other cool stuff.

oh well, can't always get what you want right away I guess
    07-20-2010 11:12 AM
    Fede needs to fix the download so that any browser can get it. Having to install another browser just for this is not cool.
    07-20-2010 11:23 AM
    Fede needs to fix the download so that any browser can get it. Having to install another browser just for this is not cool.
    email him with the issue
    07-20-2010 11:29 AM
    Just an FYI for those of you who have Paid and downloaded Launcher Pro Plus.

If you download it via the PC as I did.. the directions say (in summary) to copy the file that was downloaded to the SD card on the phone and begin the installation by clicking on the Gold Icon that looks like a house. HOWEVER, there is no Gold Icon that looks like a house.

The reason is because the filed that was given to download is a .ZIP file. (LauncherProPlus-0.7.0.zip) to be exact. The file needs to be renamed to (LauncherProPlus-0.7.0.apk). for it to work and have a Gold Icon that looks like a house.

So in summary... if the file LauncherProPlus file that you downloaded is LauncherProPlus-0.7.0.zip, rename it to LauncherProPlus-0.7.0.apk and you should be able to execute it from the phone from any file manager.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse people more...
    07-20-2010 12:02 PM
    email him with the issue
    He knows about the issue. Whether he plans on doing anything about it I don't know.
    07-20-2010 12:05 PM
    So the only widget aviliable for Launcher Pro Plus is the peopel widget?. So if i buy this now and he releases an upgrade, will i have to pay for the upgrade or will it be free since i paid for it? Also how would i install this since its not avaliable int he market?
    07-20-2010 02:35 PM
    So has anyone used this new version on the EVO yet? I love LauncherPro but it just seemed to cause too many problems on my EVO so I went back to stock. I would definitely pay for it if the bugs are worked out.
    07-20-2010 03:20 PM
    So the only widget aviliable for Launcher Pro Plus is the peopel widget?. So if i buy this now and he releases an upgrade, will i have to pay for the upgrade or will it be free since i paid for it? Also how would i install this since its not avaliable int he market?
    The updates should be free once you buy. To install you just download the .apk file to your phone and install. Quick and painless.
    07-20-2010 03:57 PM
    There's a nice little debate going on over on his forum, valid points on both sides of the argument but suffice it to say while this dev seems to be quite the talented code writer and full of ideas for his excellent launcher that so many of us love...his lack of fore thought into rolling out this "pro" version is evident, no matter how good his intentions may or may not be.
    07-20-2010 06:39 PM
    in the end it comes down to personal preference. launcher pro is a nice launcher app but personally not for me. i love adw's dock. it is so much more functional to me and easier to organize. plus it is now theme-able. i like launcher pro and i feel it has great potential but not sure if ill download it it or not. depends on what feature gets added next
    07-20-2010 07:12 PM
    There's a nice little debate going on over on his forum, valid points on both sides of the argument but suffice it to say while this dev seems to be quite the talented code writer and full of ideas for his excellent launcher that so many of us love...his lack of fore thought into rolling out this "pro" version is evident, no matter how good his intentions may or may not be.
    Link doesn't work, you got the http in there twice. Here's a better link:

LauncherPro Forum • View forum - General Discussion
    07-20-2010 07:16 PM
    I personally do not like the fact that he is atleast not letting people try out the widgets before buying. Give a 30 day trial or let all the existing customers have the upgrade for free and then start charging for new installs? I hate buying apps without having the ability to try them out. the refund before 24 hours doesn't always apply either and since this one isn't on the market yet, it definitely doesn't apply in this case.

Why in the world does the "launcher pro widget" have to go on the main menu, stick in the add widgets menu where it belongs. I don't want to see that everytime I long press on my screen to make changes. I've already commented on his forum board about it.

2.99 for a launcher is ridiculous, and then a future price increase of 4.99!!! no launcher is worth that much, hell most apps on the market aren't worth that much. .99 or maybe a 1.99 at the most. I love Launcher Pro, and I don't berate him for wanting to make some money, but those prices are too high for a launcher in my opinion. 3 bucks is 3 bucks, 5 bucks is 5 bucks.

Sorry but this one just doesn't sit well with me at this point in time...
    Wow I can't believe people want quality apps but then they say 3.00 is rediculous... I'm sorry but if you can't spend 3.00 on a good app you probably shouldn't be in the market... a extra value meal costs more then that.... obviously this guy has worked hard and deserves a lil money for his efforts.. I cab maybe understand the try before you buy but saying 3 dollars is outrageous is just complaining to complain, this is where I believe a lot of Android users are spoiled.. I'm pretty sure 3.00 won't send anybody to the poor house especially if they have a smartphone in the first place... but if 3.00 is totally out of your price range just don't buy it.. don't complain about how it should be cheaper or always free..rant over...
    07-20-2010 08:36 PM
    Why is it when I go to select the People Widget, it says "The People Widget is only available to LauncherPro Plus users. You can get it today for $2.99 USD via Paypal .. Would you like to get it now?" when I already purchased LPP earlier today? Someone please help.
    07-20-2010 08:54 PM
    Wow I can't believe people want quality apps but then they say 3.00 is rediculous... I'm sorry but if you can't spend 3.00 on a good app you probably shouldn't be in the market... a extra value meal costs more then that.... obviously this guy has worked hard and deserves a lil money for his efforts.. I cab maybe understand the try before you buy but saying 3 dollars is outrageous is just complaining to complain, this is where I believe a lot of Android users are spoiled.. rant over...

Seriously please don't sit there and berate me for complaining about the price. 95% of the paid apps in the market are .99 or 1.99 and those devs do just as much if not more work than this one does.

The whole sticking the ad in the main menu as a teaser and letting you get as far as selecting which one you want and then BAM, "oh sorry you have to pay for this to get the app" is kinda shady IMO. Give us a scaled down version of the widget and let us try it before we buy it.

I've said it before, I love this launcher, I've been using it since it first came out. It's top notch but this whole "huge update" has just been a bit of a disappointment for me personally. but hey to each their own, that's what it's all about in life.
    07-20-2010 09:04 PM
    Why is it when I go to select the People Widget, it says "The People Widget is only available to LauncherPro Plus users. You can get it today for $2.99 USD via Paypal .. Would you like to get it now?" when I already purchased LPP earlier today? Someone please help.
    when you bought LPP on paypal, you should have received an email with the download instructions for LPP. you cant install it from the market; it has to be sideloaded on to your device.
    Msqueenb likes this.
    07-20-2010 09:10 PM
    The dev is supposed to mail you a file that you copy onto your SD card and then install it that way. Until you do that you'll still get the error. If you haven't received that file yet then you need to contact him asap.
    Msqueenb likes this.
    07-20-2010 09:11 PM
    Seriously please don't sit there and berate me for complaining about the price. 95% of the paid apps in the market are .99 or 1.99 and those devs do just as much if not more work than this one does.

The whole sticking the ad in the main menu as a teaser and letting you get as far as selecting which one you want and then BAM, "oh sorry you have to pay for this to get the app" is kinda shady IMO. Give us a scaled down version of the widget and let us try it before we buy it.

I've said it before, I love this launcher, I've been using it since it first came out. It's top notch but this whole "huge update" has just been a bit of a disappointment for me personally. but hey to each their own, that's what it's all about in life.
    you can partially blame google for this as well. the dev lives in a country where they cant put paid apps in the marketplace. if it was a market app, you would be able to d/l the full app and try it for 24 hours
    07-20-2010 09:12 PM
    Yeah, google certainly doesn't help matters any in this case, I'll give you that
    07-20-2010 09:24 PM
    The whole sticking the ad in the main menu as a teaser and letting you get as far as selecting which one you want and then BAM, "oh sorry you have to pay for this to get the app" is kinda shady IMO.
    You must not get into the market much, huh? Lots of free app are like that. The free versions of Documents To Go and NoteEverything come to mind. Also, lots of the good, functional paid apps are more than $2. Of all the apps that I decided were good enough to pay for, I think only one of them was cheaper than $1.99. Besides, the launcher is the most used app on your phone, so if you like one that cost $3, I'd say you're probably getting your money's worth.

-SR-
    youngzayiles likes this.
    07-20-2010 09:50 PM
    I know there are apps that are more than 2.99 out there, but the majority of paid apps are around the .99-1.99 price tag (give or take a slight difference in the different values of international dollars). People feel like that are being taken for a ride with this ad widget in the main menu when you long press stuff. Don't allow us to go all the way through selecting our options for the 1 lone widget you have now and then at the last second "oh sorry give me money first"..seriously it's not a good way to reward your loyal fans who love your product. Touiteur pulls a similar scenario but atleast their widgets are in the "add widget" section of the menu where it should be.

there's much better ways to go about it than that...apparently from what they are saying on his forum he is considering that at least. Either way, again yes it's an awesome product but the marketing and roll out of this latest update needs some refinement.

Like I said though, to each their own, we can all choose to do what we like and that's the great thing about freedoms.
    07-20-2010 11:24 PM

Im not trying to come across as being rude but they do it like this alot... Even on multiple platforms... Iphone as well... It doesnt help him that he is in a country google doesnt support.. He doesnt have the resources other developers have.. Its one of those things where if you want it buy it but if you dont, you cant really sit there and complain about it... Its not I bought it just to support him and I dont use it too often because I love my sense widgets but this is the best launcher ive used. Contributing, makes developers want to give their all but complaining over everything makes them want to do the opposite. Im not saying everyone do what I did but at least don't constantly complain because you dont like the price, just dont buy it.. Your voice is heard through your wallet.... The only thing is I know people will pay for this so you may be in a tough place... Like I said I understand the try before you buy. But since that is not an option at this time you just have to wait. The reality is you cant just be mad at him for that its not all his fault...
    07-21-2010 01:26 PM
    You must not get into the market much, huh? Lots of free app are like that. The free versions of Documents To Go and NoteEverything come to mind. Also, lots of the good, functional paid apps are more than $2. Of all the apps that I decided were good enough to pay for, I think only one of them was cheaper than $1.99. Besides, the launcher is the most used app on your phone, so if you like one that cost $3, I'd say you're probably getting your money's worth.

-SR-
    Exactly, and if you feel like its a rip off simply dont pay for it.. You really cant complain about it..
    07-21-2010 01:32 PM
    I do get the feeling sometimes that some people would like the developer to pay them for using their app (now that may well be an appropriate market scenario for certain apps that get the user to do certain things in return for reward) but for the vast majority of apps, allowing the developer to receive a small reward for their efforts is what a market is all about.
    07-21-2010 02:10 PM
    I really like the people widget, in fact, I've been searched for a widget just like it for weeks. Don't really like alternate launchers, but want that widget!!! ... I assume the widget is built into the launcher, such that I couldn't buy just the widget?

Or does anyone know of a good people-like widget like this?
    07-21-2010 03:32 PM
126 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD