02-02-2011 04:03 AM
126 12345 ...
tools
    I really like the people widget, in fact, I've been searched for a widget just like it for weeks. Don't really like alternate launchers, but want that widget!!! ... I assume the widget is built into the launcher, such that I couldn't buy just the widget?

Or does anyone know of a good people-like widget like this?
    Yeah I searched and searched... Thats why I cant stop using my stock launcher on sense.. I Love my sense widgets too much... I wish there was a way sense phones could use sense widgets in other launchers but U cant.. My perfect combo would be launcher pro with sense widgets... I love that 3d app drawer..
    07-21-2010 03:57 PM
    I really like the people widget, in fact, I've been searched for a widget just like it for weeks. Don't really like alternate launchers, but want that widget!!! ... I assume the widget is built into the launcher, such that I couldn't buy just the widget?

Or does anyone know of a good people-like widget like this?
    Yes it is built in. Reading the developers blog page it is the only effective way of getting scrolling grids to work smoothly (or at all?). He mentioned memory management and overhead as a key reason too I think. The way that scrolling is done for Pure widgets etc. is a simple list scroll, anything more complicated needs to be intertwined with the launcher. Hopefully in future releases of Android there will be access to the kinds of APIs that would allow such things to be independent of the launcher. I suppose we will have to wait to see what happens with Gingerbread UI enhancements down the line.
    07-21-2010 04:33 PM
    Yeah I searched and searched... Thats why I cant stop using my stock launcher on sense.. I Love my sense widgets too much... I wish there was a way sense phones could use sense widgets in other launchers but U cant.. My perfect combo would be launcher pro with sense widgets... I love that 3d app drawer..
    Yes it is built in. Reading the developers blog page it is the only effective way of getting scrolling grids to work smoothly (or at all?). He mentioned memory management and overhead as a key reason too I think. The way that scrolling is done for Pure widgets etc. is a simple list scroll, anything more complicated needs to be intertwined with the launcher. Hopefully in future releases of Android there will be access to the kinds of APIs that would allow such things to be independent of the launcher. I suppose we will have to wait to see what happens with Gingerbread UI enhancements down the line.
    Yeah, I suspected as such... I just really like the way he's done that particular widget, my UI widgets are otherwise great, but that people widget is awesome. Closest I've come is Launch-X Pro, which is alright for now. But dang, I want that widget and my UI would be perfect!!!
    07-21-2010 05:35 PM
    The dev is supposed to mail you a file that you copy onto your SD card and then install it that way. Until you do that you'll still get the error. If you haven't received that file yet then you need to contact him asap.
    I never got that email either. I just send an email to the contact. I'm hoping he replies to these requests promptly. I convinced my non-techy friend to download Pro and then upgrade to Pro Plus, and told her I would help her install. So now I can't even download my own version, much less help her with hers.
    07-21-2010 08:19 PM
    If you trying to download from your stock browser on your phone, try doing it from another browser like skyfire.
    07-22-2010 09:08 AM
    still holding onto my stock droid x home, but lp was my favorite home replacement when I had my droid. This update looks impressive
    07-23-2010 07:09 AM
    I had to switch to ADW, which by the way isn't a bad thing, but since the most recent update to LP my droid started force closing, hanging up switching preview screens, and just generally acting funky. Something it almost never did before. I've uninstalled and put in ADW and so far it's working great. The only thing I miss is the missed calls, texts, and gmail messages in the dock bar...but I can use the notifications bar for that so it's not that big of a deal.
    07-23-2010 08:07 AM
    Just an fyi if it hasn't been mentioned. LP has gotten another update where if you've purchased the plus version, you can download the free version from the market and input a code to enable the premium features. You can get the code emailed to you from the dev. This way, you'll be able to update LPP from the market rather than sideloading an apk. Ill put a link to the page where you can get the code when i get off work, but you can also get there through launcherpro's webpage.
    07-23-2010 01:39 PM
    I might buy this before the price goes up, because you get more than one widget, Calender and Agenda widget, people widget SMS widget If you were to buy them seperate like Pure widgets it would end up costing a little bit more, so this is a steal..
    07-25-2010 10:11 AM
    So what is the full name for the market search? Launcher pro plus?
    07-25-2010 11:10 AM
    So what is the full name for the market search? Launcher pro plus?
    Just LauncherPro. Once you pay, you'll get a code to enter which unlocks the "plus" section.

LauncherPro - Android app on AppBrain
    07-25-2010 11:16 AM
    I did a search for launcher pro plus and aaw shows up. I am confused, you buy launcher pro then added certain widgets to it?
    07-25-2010 11:17 AM
    I did a search for launcher pro plus and aaw shows up. I am confused, you buy launcher pro then added certain widgets to it?
    Search for LauncherPro (one word) & download the free version.

Then go Here to donate. After you get the code you can then activate Plus via the settings menu.
    07-25-2010 11:25 AM
    Just download the free Launcher Pro from the market or AppBrain etc. On the information page for Launcher Pro in the Market there is a link to the developers website. Click through to the website and you can purchase the app from there via Paypal (and Credit Card but I used Paypal ... for all their foibles, I know where they live ). When you have purchased it you will be sent an email which should have your code.

When you have your code, enter it into Launcher Pro and it will unlock the Plus features. Hope that made some sense ... it is a little convoluted but a reasonable work around for the developer not being able to offer paid apps in the Market.
    07-25-2010 11:26 AM
    the $3 is def worth it. its already a sweet home alternative. an the sense like widgets for my droid r making it all the sweeter!
    07-25-2010 03:16 PM
    Just got another update that now adds a bookmark widget! has a couple size choices and looks pretty awesome. This guys does good work, cant wait for the calendar and messaging widget.
    07-30-2010 01:28 PM
    Do the other widgets have smaller sizes available too? Before I had to uninstall it due to recent updates constantly force closing and causing epic lag, I noticed that the contact widget was only 1 size and took up the entire screen if you wanted to see more than just 1 row of contacts?
    07-30-2010 02:37 PM
    I'm trying out the contacts widget but honestly I don't think it is so great, I think I prefer creating a few icon shortcuts for very special people and just using the address book in the phone app if I need more numbers. I am not finding very many widgets really useful, not just LauncherPro either. I bought it really to support the developer who was so kind to do all the work for my benefit, so it's all good. I am liking the bookmark widget ok, that seems like a good use of space. Maybe the Contacts one will get some more setting options.
    07-30-2010 04:00 PM
    I have found that if I delete the contact widget, try to add again, the exact same error message will occur. I believe that the market and/or appbrain is downloading it to the free program. I have to reinstall the apk to get the widget back.

The dev is supposed to mail you a file that you copy onto your SD card and then install it that way. Until you do that you'll still get the error. If you haven't received that file yet then you need to contact him asap.
    07-31-2010 10:33 PM
    Ok, I went to the source and read the faqs on the LauncherPro forum. (novel concept ) Apparently if you bought the program and need the key, like I do to keep the program at the plus and not the free level, per the faqs.....

3. How do I get LauncherPro Plus?/I've already purchased, how do I get the "Unlock code"?

Make sure you have downloaded the latest LauncherPro (the free version) from the android market, before performing these steps.
    Step 1: Open LauncherPro, press "Menu", choose "Preferences", and then click on "Unlock LauncherPro Plus" (ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN Long press the homescreen, choose "LauncherPro Widgets", choose one of the options (e.g. People), and go through the widget setup)
    Step 2: Press "Yes, please!", which will take you to a secure PayPal payment web page, where you simply log-in with your PayPal details to make the purchase.

Step 3: Go to LauncherPro Plus Unlock Code and enter your PayPal e-mail address, to get the "Unlock code".

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - FAQ + FORUM RULES | PLEASE READ - UPDATED JULY 27

I did step 3. to get my code because I had already paid for it.

I have found that if I delete the contact widget, try to add again, the exact same error message will occur. I believe that the market and/or appbrain is downloading it to the free program. I have to reinstall the apk to get the widget back.
    08-01-2010 05:43 PM
    Yes there are more then one size for the contacts widget. I have not had any problems with the widgets and think they are awesome. Cant wait till he releases the calendar tomorrow.
    08-01-2010 11:20 PM
    The update with the calendar is now available.
    08-02-2010 02:31 PM
    anybody have pics of the update with calendar
    08-02-2010 03:22 PM
    I dig the calendar - just wish it was a little more apparent when there were things scheduled on the calendar...

Three sizes-

4x5

4x3

3x3

and of course they are scrollable

clicking on the icon in the upper right corner gets you the Agenda
    08-02-2010 03:43 PM
    Can you use the LauncherPro widgets on your normal home screen as well? I've been using the X and like some of the widgets but wanted some more widgets, especially a better calendar widget.
    08-02-2010 03:47 PM
126 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD