Huge Launcher Pro Update

tritan

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did a search for launcher pro plus and aaw shows up. I am confused, you buy launcher pro then added certain widgets to it?

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I did a search for launcher pro plus and aaw shows up. I am confused, you buy launcher pro then added certain widgets to it?

Just download the free Launcher Pro from the market or AppBrain etc. On the information page for Launcher Pro in the Market there is a link to the developers website. Click through to the website and you can purchase the app from there via Paypal (and Credit Card but I used Paypal ... for all their foibles, I know where they live ;)). When you have purchased it you will be sent an email which should have your code.

When you have your code, enter it into Launcher Pro and it will unlock the Plus features. Hope that made some sense ... it is a little convoluted but a reasonable work around for the developer not being able to offer paid apps in the Market.

arwaldon4

May 22, 2010
Visit site
the $3 is def worth it. its already a sweet home alternative. an the sense like widgets for my droid r making it all the sweeter!

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just got another update that now adds a bookmark widget! has a couple size choices and looks pretty awesome. This guys does good work, cant wait for the calendar and messaging widget.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Do the other widgets have smaller sizes available too? Before I had to uninstall it due to recent updates constantly force closing and causing epic lag, I noticed that the contact widget was only 1 size and took up the entire screen if you wanted to see more than just 1 row of contacts?

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying out the contacts widget but honestly I don't think it is so great, I think I prefer creating a few icon shortcuts for very special people and just using the address book in the phone app if I need more numbers. I am not finding very many widgets really useful, not just LauncherPro either. I bought it really to support the developer who was so kind to do all the work for my benefit, so it's all good. I am liking the bookmark widget ok, that seems like a good use of space. Maybe the Contacts one will get some more setting options.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have found that if I delete the contact widget, try to add again, the exact same error message will occur. I believe that the market and/or appbrain is downloading it to the free program. I have to reinstall the apk to get the widget back.

The dev is supposed to mail you a file that you copy onto your SD card and then install it that way. Until you do that you'll still get the error. If you haven't received that file yet then you need to contact him asap. :cool:

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Fixed It

Ok, I went to the source and read the faqs on the LauncherPro forum. (novel concept :p ) Apparently if you bought the program and need the key, like I do to keep the program at the plus and not the free level, per the faqs.....

3. How do I get LauncherPro Plus?/I've already purchased, how do I get the "Unlock code"?

Make sure you have downloaded the latest LauncherPro (the free version) from the android market, before performing these steps.
Step 1: Open LauncherPro, press "Menu", choose "Preferences", and then click on "Unlock LauncherPro Plus" (ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN Long press the homescreen, choose "LauncherPro Widgets", choose one of the options (e.g. People), and go through the widget setup)
Step 2: Press "Yes, please!", which will take you to a secure PayPal payment web page, where you simply log-in with your PayPal details to make the purchase.

Step 3: Go to LauncherPro Plus Unlock Code and enter your PayPal e-mail address, to get the "Unlock code".

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - FAQ + FORUM RULES | PLEASE READ - UPDATED JULY 27

I did step 3. to get my code because I had already paid for it.

I have found that if I delete the contact widget, try to add again, the exact same error message will occur. I believe that the market and/or appbrain is downloading it to the free program. I have to reinstall the apk to get the widget back.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes there are more then one size for the contacts widget. I have not had any problems with the widgets and think they are awesome. Cant wait till he releases the calendar tomorrow.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I dig the calendar - just wish it was a little more apparent when there were things scheduled on the calendar...

Three sizes-

4x5
snap20100802_163646.png

4x3
snap20100802_163706.png

3x3
snap20100802_163732.png

and of course they are scrollable

clicking on the icon in the upper right corner gets you the Agenda
snap20100802_164147.png

IkariWarrior

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Can you use the LauncherPro widgets on your normal home screen as well? I've been using the X and like some of the widgets but wanted some more widgets, especially a better calendar widget.

Sundown

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out where the calendar widget settings are? Mine keeps showing a calendar that I don't need / want displayed right now. I have it hidden in the stock calendar app and another cal widget I have let's me choose which calendars to show. I looked everywhere and can't find the settings for the LPP calendar widget.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone figured out where the calendar widget settings are? Mine keeps showing a calendar that I don't need / want displayed right now. I have it hidden in the stock calendar app and another cal widget I have let's me choose which calendars to show. I looked everywhere and can't find the settings for the LPP calendar widget.

the LPP widget can only display from your google calendar or sense calendar for now. youll have to adjust what calendars you want displayed in your google calendar settings

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm loving the direction he's going with these updates. With the addition of the calendar widget, I'm totally dumping the X's Motorola launcher. I would like the option to have the calendar widget default to calendar view though. I'm sure he'll provide a setting for that soon.

P.S. - I don't use Google Calendar. I use the stock Moto one, so the inability to display the Sense calendar must be something he still needs to implement.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
This update also fixed all the Force Close issues I was having with the Hidden Apps feature from the last update. Really, all I could ask for. Now my bottom row of my app drawer is nice and full, and my OCD is satisfied.

Sundown

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
the LPP widget can only display from your google calendar or sense calendar for now. youll have to adjust what calendars you want displayed in your google calendar settings

That's the problem. Under the phone's calendar settings, I have one specific calendar "synced, not visible". The stock calendar app's not showing it, another calendar widget I have is not showing it, but the LPP widget is.