[APP] ArkMC Arkuda Media Center DLNA application

Resident Good

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi there!

ArkMC - is a DLNA certified media app that shares your content in home network through WiFi.
This app gives you access to all shared multimedia. You can play it on your own device as well as send it to UPnP/DLNA compatible devices. Also, you can easily access content on your PC.
The latest version has YouTube integration. Now you can add your favorite channels, watch and share latest videos.

Features:
  • YouTube integration
  • Access Point mode support
  • Third party players integration
  • Windows ?Play-to? support
  • Support of most popular formats
  • DMS Multi- stream support
  • - ?Send-to external player? DMP/DMR feature

We need your feedback to make this app better.
If you have any issues or problems, write to arkmc@arkudadigital.com
Also, ideas and suggestions are welcome.

It has both free and paid versions.
ArkMC Lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arkudadigital.arkmc.light.gm
AkrMC: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arkudadigital.arkmc.gm

Screenshots:
sc0_1.png
sc1_1.png
sc2_1.png

sc3_1.png
sc5_1.png
sc4_1.png

Hints:
- make sure WiFi is on and devices are in the same network
- make sure to enable stream functions in WMP

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have tried this application. It works good with YouTube. It is very convenient to send videos to TV. The only minus is that you can search just channels, but not movies.
I wander if this option would be added to this app.

ArkMCdev

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have tried this application. It works good with YouTube. It is very convenient to send videos to TV. The only minus is that you can search just channels, but not movies.
I wander if this option would be added to this app.

Hello, Areplat. Thank you for the feedback on our application!
Yes, we are planning to add such possibility.

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you planning to make ArkMC movable to SD card? I'm planning to set it up on my old Android phone, But I have lack of memory there.

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it would not be a problem anymore soon. Because new phones comes every week! And there is more and more memory in new models. So current moddels soon became an old ones! With a lot of internal memory!

headquarters123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried this app. It plays the files from my mediaplayers hdd fine. But I would like to hear the music through the connected stereo, not through the tablet. So I have a standalone mediaplayer, connected with my stereo. I would like to use this app to browse through the mediaplayers hdd (which works fine allready) and then strart a track to be played on the mediaplayer, not on my tablet where the app is. Is this possible?

ArkMCdev

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried this app. It plays the files from my mediaplayers hdd fine. But I would like to hear the music through the connected stereo, not through the tablet. So I have a standalone mediaplayer, connected with my stereo. I would like to use this app to browse through the mediaplayers hdd (which works fine allready) and then strart a track to be played on the mediaplayer, not on my tablet where the app is. Is this possible?

Hello, deadquarters123
So, as far as I understand you can play flac files on ArkMC, but you can't send them to mediaplayer. So, when you select media file - you don't see you media player as a renderer?
I think that the main problems is that DLNA standard don't suport FLAC format. And if manufacturer provided support of defaul standard - it would not work. Sometimes manufacturers extend the functionality of their device, and add additional file formats support.

The only solution is to connect some device, which supports FLAC to you stereo.

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have visited my friend. He has Sony Playstation 3. I have conntected to his home network, but I didn't see Sony Playstation in the list of renderers, though it is DLNA compatible. What could be the reason of this?

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
The reason is that Play Station 3 do not have DMR fuctionality, so it could not be controlled remotely.

Thanks for explanation. I thought that is PS3 is DLNA compatible, than it has to be able to receive streaming from another devices. I have read more, and now I see that there are different DLNA classes, and a lot of devices and application doesn't support the full set of classes operations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey