Audubon Birds now available for Android. Identify over 750 birds with thousands of photographs and birdcalls. You can also search by name, family, shape & more. Use our app to track your sightings and add species to your life list. Created by Green Mountain Digital in Alliance with the National Audubon Society. For more information about this application visit: www.audubonguides.com

Let us know what you think!
    thekarens and Argent like this.
    07-20-2010 02:30 PM
    Love this app! It's very nice to be able to just click one button and have the bird added to my list with location.
    jriegel likes this.
    07-20-2010 05:28 PM
    Is there an app like this for the average Joe? $20 is a bit steep if you just want to identify a few birds around the block.
    07-20-2010 08:30 PM
    The Audubon Guide Series is created in alliance with the National Audubon Society. Our Audubon bird app (with over 760 species) contains thousands of professional photographs, range maps, and bird songs and calls. The app contains newly updated information, including detailed species descriptions. The reference material is extensive: Bird families, Plumage and Molt, Parts of a bird, Classification, Conservation, Endangered and threatened birds of North America, How to Bird, How to identify birds, Bird Habitats, a Natural history of birds, and a Glossary. With this mobile app, you do not need an internet connection when in the field. The species information is downloaded to your mobile device, so you have access to it at any time, for perusing before you go out birding, or during your nature hike. This app contains the entire content, and more, of two printed field guides (Eastern and Western birds) which retail for about $20 each.

The app also lets you connect to our AudubonGuides.com website, where you can join our community to manage your Sightings and Life Lists, as well as save your photos to an album. Our online bloggers are expert naturalists who provide daily updates on wildlife activities throughout North America. We offer a wealth of information designed to appeal to a wide audience - anyone interested in understanding and identifying the hundreds of species of birds in North America. We have the most comprehensive bird app available on the Android Market. For more information about joining our community and future apps coming the Android Market, go to www.AudubonGuides.com

Green Mountain Digital is the mobile apps market leader in nature and wildlife. We design and publish authoritative and comprehensive mobile applications that work to engage users with the natural world around them. Green Mountain Digital was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT with the purpose of combining and transforming information about nature, the adventure of education, and the power of digital technology, into an enlightening and thoroughly enjoyable experience.

www.audubonguides.com
    07-23-2010 03:26 PM
    was waiting for iBird Pro to toss my money at - but they seem slow in coming (or not at all - I loved their app on my iPod Touch before it died)

Bought this one instead
    jriegel likes this.
    07-23-2010 03:49 PM
    was waiting for iBird Pro to toss my money at - but they seem slow in coming (or not at all - I loved their app on my iPod Touch before it died)

Bought this one instead
    I had/have iBird Pro on my iPhone and iTouch but it is HUGE at over 250MB. My Evo only has about 317MB of storage remaining until Froyo permits use of the SD card for app storage.

Brian
    07-23-2010 04:20 PM
    Audubon Mammals includes 283 species, 40 mammals sounds, stunning color photographs & range maps for most species.

Audubon Butterflies includes 653 species, thousands of color photographs & a detailed reference section which includes natural history.

Audubon Birds now updated with a total of 755 species, 128 wintering range maps, & new search characteristics:
    -Wing Shape
    -Song & Call Type
    -Song & Call Pattern
    -Locomotion
    -Likelihood by State or Province & Month
    -Scientific Name Search

-Justine Community Manager @ GMD
    Argent and packerbacker like this.
    09-07-2010 10:55 AM
    New Android Apps now available on Android Market:

Audubon Trees A Field Guide to North American Trees

- Over 900 North American species with beautiful color photographs, range maps and more...

Audubon Wildflowers A Field Guide to North American Wildflowers
    - Over 1,800 North American Species with 3,000+ spectacular color photographs, range maps and more...

Android Platform Updates
    We are continually updating our Android platform to serve your needs:
    - Interface enhancements make navigation and exploring the applications a snap.
    - Fixed a number of issues related to stability that may have caused the application to Force Close.

To grab the latest update for your Android app, visit the Android Market today.

www.AudubonGuides.com/Android

To report any Android issues, please send an email to feedback@greenmtd.com.

Justine Community Manager @ GMD
    10-04-2010 12:33 PM
    I am sorry but $20 is a LOT of money for information that I could get with a simple Google search in the browser. I know it is not the same but wow... ii
    10-04-2010 03:53 PM
    I would want several of these reference apps if I could put them on the SD card. Do they only store on the internal memory?

Also a long time wish of mine is an app that allows you to capture a bird's song and it identifies it for you in conjunction with the Audubon bird app. That would be awesome!
    10-04-2010 04:08 PM
    I have this app and really like it. Only wish I could move the executable to the SD card (the app's data is already stored there).

Dave
    10-04-2010 08:41 PM
    Like someone else said, $20 is a lot of money. I'd love an app like this though, if it was a lot cheaper.
    10-04-2010 08:50 PM
    Paladin-

See my above post #4 in response to our pricing.

rpk717-

We are currently working to allow storage on the SD card. I will update the forum when that becomes available. I wish we had that technology for the sound id!

Feel free to email feedback@greenmtd.com for any more questions

Thanks!

10-07-2010 09:43 AM
    Justine,

I understand the work involved and the cost of the Birds Guide. However, that is a lot of money to try something out. Do you have a trial or lite version to show how the app works?
    10-08-2010 09:04 AM
    Paladin-

See my above post #4 in response to our pricing.

I understand man. You can charge anything you like, it is all about what the market will bear.

I am interested in wide life etc.. but I am not a birder so it is an app that I simply would not need enough to pay that much for. If I was into it I may consider it but even then I think $10 is about right for an app like this these days.

For $5 I would buy it just to have it even though I would probably not use it much. I would pay $10 if I was heavily into the subject. I would probably not pay $20 even if I was.

Hey! Blame Apple, they started the cheap app market. ii
    10-08-2010 10:46 AM
    johnhboyd:

We do not have a lite version. You can see how our apps work by going to www.AudubonGuides.com or we have a brief video demo on our youtube channel

If you have anymore questions please e-mail feedback@greenmtd.com

10-12-2010 08:21 AM
    The Audubon Guide Series is created in alliance with the National Audubon Society. Our Audubon bird app (with over 760 species) contains thousands of professional photographs, range maps, and bird songs and calls. The app contains newly updated information, including detailed species descriptions. The reference material is extensive: Bird families, Plumage and Molt, Parts of a bird, Classification, Conservation, Endangered and threatened birds of North America, How to Bird, How to identify birds, Bird Habitats, a Natural history of birds, and a Glossary. With this mobile app, you do not need an internet connection when in the field. The species information is downloaded to your mobile device, so you have access to it at any time, for perusing before you go out birding, or during your nature hike. This app contains the entire content, and more, of two printed field guides (Eastern and Western birds) which retail for about $20 each.

The app also lets you connect to our AudubonGuides.com website, where you can join our community to manage your Sightings and Life Lists, as well as save your photos to an album. Our online bloggers are expert naturalists who provide daily updates on wildlife activities throughout North America. We offer a wealth of information designed to appeal to a wide audience - anyone interested in understanding and identifying the hundreds of species of birds in North America. We have the most comprehensive bird app available on the Android Market. For more information about joining our community and future apps coming the Android Market, go to www.AudubonGuides.com

Green Mountain Digital is the mobile apps market leader in nature and wildlife. We design and publish authoritative and comprehensive mobile applications that work to engage users with the natural world around them. Green Mountain Digital was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT with the purpose of combining and transforming information about nature, the adventure of education, and the power of digital technology, into an enlightening and thoroughly enjoyable experience.

If you have any more questions please e-mail us at: feedback@greenmtd.com

Justine Community Manager @GMD

www.audubonguides.com
    10-25-2010 08:55 AM
    The Bird Guide is now on sale for $9.99 right now. Normally its $14.99. Not sure how long the sale will last though.
    06-09-2011 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD