Upgraded to an Android from your CrackBerry? Having BBM withdrawal? LiveProfile is your fix.

LiveProfile on your phone is a the best way to stay connected with friends. It is a new feature-packed messenger and social utility designed specifically for mobile phones. LiveProfile allows for the sharing of media and content in real-time. Many have referred to it as the BlackBerry Messenger for all devices.

If you are interested in beta testing please sign up via (you do not need a Facebook account to sign up) LiveProfile | Facebook
    07-20-2010 03:56 PM
    Upgraded to an Android from your CrackBerry? Having BBM withdrawal? LiveProfile is your fix.

LiveProfile on your phone is a the best way to stay connected with friends. It is a new feature-packed messenger and social utility designed specifically for mobile phones. LiveProfile allows for the sharing of media and content in real-time. Many have referred to it as the BlackBerry Messenger for all devices.

If you are interested in beta testing please sign up via (you do not need a Facebook account to sign up) LiveProfile | Facebook
    What do you mean by " real time " ... How much more real time do you need than " instant" unless your saying that whomever I am texting can see what I am texting as I an actually texting it. Can you explain.
    07-20-2010 04:05 PM
    What do you mean by " real time " ... How much more real time do you need than " instant" unless your saying that whomever I am texting can see what I am texting as I an actually texting it. Can you explain.
    Text messages are not always instant especially when it is being routed through different carriers. Sending picture messages is even more delayed I waited 20 minutes for my VZW Droid X to send three pictures to a friend using a Sprint EVO 4G. I am beta testing and so far LiveProfile is lighting fast. It is even faster than BBM and you can see when the recipients read your message. I highly recommend it!
    07-20-2010 09:26 PM
    I would really like to see this come to light very soon as you said I am having major BBM withdrawls
    07-20-2010 09:32 PM
    Signed up for this while back but no invite.
    07-20-2010 09:37 PM
    Kik does the exact same things, just no 'profile pictures' or whatever. Sent / Read statuses, though. No closed beta, either.
    07-21-2010 01:37 AM
    Kik does the exact same things, just no 'profile pictures' or whatever. Sent / Read statuses, though. No closed beta, either.
    Exactly. Needs to be open beta. More roms, more input.
    07-21-2010 01:52 AM
    I'm interested and coming from a blackberry am pretty open to beta testing. Submitted my email and am awaiting instructions. It'd be nice to have a mssg service that I can share with my old BB contacts.
    07-21-2010 02:59 AM
    Sounds cool.
    07-21-2010 05:23 AM
    Now are you able to connect with Blackberry people on this the ones using BBM cross platform type of thing? Or do you have the have this app for it to work?
    07-21-2010 06:50 AM
    Does anyone have any idea as to when this is going to be pushed out?
    08-23-2010 12:56 PM
    You guys just continuously fail with this "BBM for Android" crap. Not bashing, but there will never be another "bbm" for any device but blackberries. Just open instant messengers for all devices. Theres a difference.
    08-23-2010 02:59 PM
    You guys just continuously fail with this "BBM for Android" crap. Not bashing, but there will never be another "bbm" for any device but blackberries. Just open instant messengers for all devices. Theres a difference.
    Yea I agree. They need to stop saying BBM and giving people false hope of communicating with people on blackberries within BBM chat. That just isn't gonna happen anytime soon if ever.
    08-24-2010 01:39 AM
    I hate to say it, but BBM's biggest asset is its ubiquity. It avoids the "fax machine effect" (you can only communicate with other who have it) by coming pre-installed on all Blackberries. All of the "BBM for Android" apps need to become immensely possible, or ideally pre-installed on all phones, before they're really usable.
    08-24-2010 02:02 AM
    LiveProfile is now an open beta, you can find it on the market.
    It will not, nor will any third party chat client communicate with BBM as it won't go through RIM's servers.
    LiveProfile COULD do something comparable IF they have a similar dedicated, secure server farm these could go through but my guess is they don't.
    While it's only in beta right now, I tried it last night and it's phenomenal while on wifi, almost identical to BBM. It did not however work via 3G which I'm hoping is just a beta issue cause this could come very close to recreating BBM.
    10-19-2010 10:19 AM
    Sweet just need some contacts to try it out.

Well I'm liking what I see so far, but really all good features are absent from the beta to give any real feedback unfortunately.
    10-19-2010 01:37 PM
    How many apps will claim to be bbm for android? Come on already.
    10-19-2010 01:38 PM
    Yeah, can a Mod remove the "(BBM for Android)" from the title?
    10-19-2010 01:40 PM
    Google Talk is the BBM for the Android. Your friends could just install Google Talk on their BB and you can chat just like with BBM. All these other so called BBM for Android are no different, your friends will still need to install a app on their BBs.
    10-19-2010 02:18 PM
    I was looking forward to chatting w/ blackberry BBM users from my Android phone too. I'm disappointed...the description got me excited :-P

A lot of crackberry users have lots of friends that use BBM. If you want them to switch off BB, they need to still be able to connect to their BBM users...
    10-19-2010 03:06 PM
    Google Talk is the BBM for the Android. Your friends could just install Google Talk on their BB and you can chat just like with BBM. All these other so called BBM for Android are no different, your friends will still need to install a app on their BBs.
    True but gtalk has crap features, heck you can't even share a pic of file etc..
    10-19-2010 03:16 PM
    so far kik does it for me right now, I do not think this is very user friendly.
    10-26-2010 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD