Full-featured photo editing app including layer support (blending, transparency etc.) & masks? GIMP?

Montigusto

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Full-featured photo editing app including layer support (blending, transparency etc.) & masks? GIMP?

Hi All,

I've just been searching through the Play Store trying to find some photo editing apps equivalent to what I was using on my iPhone. The #1 thing that is missing for me is an app that properly supports layers and all the associated functions like layer blending mode, transparency, layer masking etc.

Photoshop Touch looks awesome, and from what I've read about it I would love to have it but it's only available for tablets (I have a Note 2). As a side point... is there any sneaky way to get tablet apps on a phone?

My go-to app on iPhone was PhotoForge2. Is there anything similar on Android phones?

As I was writing this post I had a brainwave and remembered GIMP, got a bit excited thinking that surely there is a version of GIMP for Android... but no such luck. :(
However I did find a project/app that will run Ubuntu on top of Android, which then allows GIMP to run. Does anyone have experience using these type of Linux compatibility apps?

Cheers for any info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89