Random apps appearing in "My Orders" that I didn't download

negasonic

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Greetings folks. I recently began encountering this issue, and I can't quite seem to figure out the problem.

A few days ago, I was looking through the entire list of android apps I had downloaded, and noticed some irregularities. Specifically, a number of apps that I knew for certain I had never added. All were free, and none appeared to have self-installed, fortunately. Has anyone else encountered this problem, or know what the cause might be? There are a couple that are from the same developer, but I can't see much more of a pattern. I haven't been doing anything funky recently, or gone to any suspect sites on my phone or tablet. My tablet came pre-installed with MacAfee, and a scan came up empty. I'm kind of at a loss, and any insights/help would be appreciated.

Here are the apps that randomly appeared, with the dates they appeared, their developers, and a link to their page on Google's Play Store:

App NameDeveloperDate supposedly downloadedLink
Photo MakerKimberyDeissDecember 18, 2012Play Store link
Checkers holirewer December 20, 2012Play Store link
Led flashlight FreeNazarret December 22, 2012Play Store link
Great slot machinesGreat Apps LtdDecember 22, 2012Play Store link
Jumping asstonimiliwerDecember 24, 2012Play Store link
Talking Mouse ( free )NewWaveAppzDecember 25, 2012Play Store link
Talking Alien from MarsMoarbile FamilyDecember 27, 2012Play Store link
Talking Brian the ZombieMichail December 27, 2012Play Store link
Spider solitaireholirewer December 28, 2012Play Store link
Magic ballwingonewin December 28, 2012Play Store link
Анекдоты frontmatres January 2, 2013Play Store link
Talking Pinkdog the MoarnsterMichail January 3, 2013 Play Store link

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello

I would like to put the blame on a rouge app or something that caused this but I have never heard of this. Is it possible someone else got a hold of your device/tablet and downloaded these?

.nuke

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
same "problem", same apps suddenely appeared, GP support suggested to change password - that helps, but refused to tell from where are this apps appeared

negasonic

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
An update: I turned on 2-step verification and changed my password, and no new apps have appeared since. That's not to say that doing so fixed whatever the problem may have been, but for right now this isn't happening any more. I'll update again if it starts to happen again.

To clarify, in response to Paul's question: I knew exactly where my devices were during the time period when this was happening and when each app was supposedly downloaded. I also checked to see whether there was any weird activity for which Google hadn't notified me (as they did for my mom just yesterday), and the only activity was either from my IP or whatever my phone's IP happened to be at the time.

Jo Ellen McClendon

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I had two appear on my phone, I know I didn't down load them. When I opened them to look, it took me to playstore, where the download this app was displayed. So, it actually wasn't on my phone, I guess, but how did the icons get in my phone? (sorry, not much technical knowledge)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo