The title says it all. Looking for an email app (I already know about K-9 and maildroid but aren't sure if they support the features I'm looking for) that does threaded messaging (or conversation view or whatever you want to call it) and supports Exchange.

Thanks.
    07-21-2010 12:02 PM
    The title says it all. Looking for an email app (I already know about K-9 and maildroid but aren't sure if they support the features I'm looking for) that does threaded messaging (or conversation view or whatever you want to call it) and supports Exchange.

Thanks.
    I just added an alpha version of exchange support today. But do you want real exchange with Active Sync or webdav support? K9 supports webdav 2003 and sometimes with 2007. I support webdav for 2007/2010, but not 2003. However, webdav is very different than Active Sync. The Active Sync license is about 100k a year, so you won't find small developers that use it.

In my next version I plan on adding calendar and search support which will make it more like a real exchange client. However, ActiveSync I can't add due to license issues.
    07-21-2010 01:10 PM
    Just webdav. I'm not sure what version, though. I'll have to find out what year Exchange we use. I don't have Exchange (I'm not important enough for that here lol). I really would like to recommend your program (because I use it too, this is for a coworker that just got the Captivate, coming from BB) to him because I like it. Do you have an option for conversation style (or threaded messaging or whatever you want to call it)?

P.S. I knew you would reply to this post.
    07-21-2010 01:18 PM
    Just webdav. I'm not sure what version, though. I'll have to find out what year Exchange we use. I don't have Exchange (I'm not important enough for that here lol). I really would like to recommend your program (because I use it too, this is for a coworker that just got the Captivate, coming from BB) to him because I like it. Do you have an option for conversation style (or threaded messaging or whatever you want to call it)?

P.S. I knew you would reply to this post.
    I am going to try to be the de-facto webdav client. This is not saying much, because ActiveSync blows me out of the water. Having said that, webdav is free :-) Once I improve the performance and get search and calendar in there...it will be much better.

For threading, that is a 'gmail' thing. Sure, Outlook has sort of supported it for years and in their latest version they even have a conversation feature! But, everyone just sees Gmail as the best version for that. I would like to add this feature, just not sure when I will get to it.
    Kevin OQuinn likes this.
    07-21-2010 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD