09-26-2010 12:26 PM
126 12345 ...
tools
    Yeah I noticed that too but I changed it from 2 hours to 30 minutes so I know that wasn't the problem.
    07-30-2010 12:28 AM
    BW 3.0 is what it should have been all along. Google's servers are *** and were starting to make people hate the app. I updated and it's been on point every since. No issues at all.
    07-30-2010 01:40 AM
    Finally! Changed weather server (to accuweather). Works so much better now and I switched back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    07-30-2010 03:43 AM
    Got the update and the weather seems to be much more accurate.

Tried out the weather animations (which I always thought were a nice "show-off" feature of the HTC widget) but didn't really like it. The first "tap" on the screen just turns off the animation, so you unlock your phone and if you try to swipe the screen, the first attempt just turns off the animation, then you have to swipe again to get to your other screens. Annoying, but not a HUGE deal since the animation is just a "showy" feature.
    07-30-2010 08:36 AM
    Yeah I noticed that too but I changed it from 2 hours to 30 minutes so I know that wasn't the problem.
    I hadn't occurred to me to scroll "UP" from the default 2 hour setting at the top of the display. I thought that was the most frequent choice allowed. I just went back and reloaded mine to the 30 minute interval.

I wish there was an easier way to update the settings on widgets, though, rather than removing and reloading the widget, then having to restore all of the settings all every time a change is wanted.
    07-30-2010 09:36 AM
    I wish there was an easier way to update the settings on widgets, though, rather than removing and reloading the widget, then having to restore all of the settings all every time a change is wanted.
    You might know this, but for the Beautiful Widgets, you can just press on the sun, or moon, or clouds (or whatever your weather is like) and it'll open up the 5 day forecast. From there, you are "in" the widget so you can just press menu to change settings without having to remove it and re-add it.
    Cagey48 and vicw926a4 like this.
    07-30-2010 10:02 AM
    Thanks for that to, Evil Monkey. It works!! I'm on the road now, but I'll be sure to give you an official Thanks when I get home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-30-2010 10:18 AM
    We tested it for a minute. Glad you guys like the update.
    07-30-2010 10:52 AM
    This is not my week. Today the 3.01 version is telling me it's 78 degrees and sunny. Goto the Accuweather website and it's 78 degrees and showers. The sun hasn't been out all day. BW also tells me the high so far today is 95 but it hasn't been out of the 70s since the rain last night.

And I can't download the 3.02 version since the market gets stuck on authorizing purchase.

Very frustrating.
    07-30-2010 10:58 AM
    This is not my week. Today the 3.01 version is telling me it's 78 degrees and sunny. Goto the Accuweather website and it's 78 degrees and showers. The sun hasn't been out all day. BW also tells me the high so far today is 95 but it hasn't been out of the 70s since the rain last night.

And I can't download the 3.02 version since the market gets stuck on authorizing purchase.

Very frustrating.
    Tried deleting the widget and re applying it?
    Are you using Geolocations?
    If so try this Settings>Location> Uncheck the Location settings and recheck them.
    07-30-2010 11:02 AM
    I should have left well enough alone. I decided to be a good citizen, and update my Beautiful Home Widget to the most current version, to 3.02. With the new widget, tapping on the 5 day Accuweather display just drops the DX back to the home screen. I see others complaining about this and other problems on the Beautiful Widgets page on Appbrain.
    07-31-2010 10:17 AM
    I had some issues after going 3.02, but now they're resolved. What I recommend everyone with issues to do is to completely uninstall Beautiful Widgets (not just remove from home screen, but completely uninstall). Then reinstall from the Market and try again.

Completely resolved all my issues.
    07-31-2010 11:21 AM
    I had some issues after going 3.02, but now they're resolved. What I recommend everyone with issues to do is to completely uninstall Beautiful Widgets (not just remove from home screen, but completely uninstall). Then reinstall from the Market and try again.

Completely resolved all my issues.
    Glad it worked for you. I just went through the complete uninstall and reinstall, noted that the app showed as 3.03, reloaded the widget, but everything is the same. Selections from the Time and Date areas link properly, but from the 5-day Accuweather forecast, it just goes back to the home screen.

Update! Dumb me. I totally forgot that you have to tap very near the bottom of the screen ot get the link to the next App to work.
    07-31-2010 12:15 PM
    So, like others have said, This 3.0 version is FANTASTIC.. but I dont think i'll be able to use it because for some reason it is eating my battery alive....BAD! Like, 100% battery to 82% batter in under 2 hrs while the phone sat on my desk bad.

Updating to 3.0 was the only thing that I changed, so thats the variable. And I removed the home widget with weather (the one I use) and recharged back to 100% and used the stock HTC clock with weather and after the same 2hrs, the battery only went to 94%, and this time I recieved a few emails and did some light web browsing.

Im hoping its something simple to fix this, because I simply LOVE the widget...

Heres my setup and settings
    HTC Evo
    Beautiful Home Weather
    Geolocation on/GPS off
    Update interval - 2hrs
    Unlock animations - off
    07-31-2010 12:36 PM
    Totally trouble free now. There have been several other updates available over the last 3-4 days. If you haven't already make sure you have the latest version. No increased battery consumption on DX. Great app and no regrest paying for it (one of the few I have).
    08-01-2010 01:10 PM
    I've noticed increased battery drain, not sure if it is from the weather widget or not, but I am uninstalling/reinstalling and see it that helps anything. Like most people I bought mostly for the weather/clock, so if that is hosed for now I'm pretty disappointed.
    08-01-2010 01:31 PM
    I'm on 3.03 version and my clock is still is fubar. Its running a hour or so behind me. I've done the uninstall and what not still sol. What is cool left it alone this time hoping for a update so I'm using the fancy widget and I'm getting the animated graphics lightning clouds rain etc.
    08-01-2010 09:26 PM
    So, like others have said, This 3.0 version is FANTASTIC.. but I dont think i'll be able to use it because for some reason it is eating my battery alive....BAD! Like, 100% battery to 82% batter in under 2 hrs while the phone sat on my desk bad.

Updating to 3.0 was the only thing that I changed, so thats the variable. And I removed the home widget with weather (the one I use) and recharged back to 100% and used the stock HTC clock with weather and after the same 2hrs, the battery only went to 94%, and this time I recieved a few emails and did some light web browsing.

Im hoping its something simple to fix this, because I simply LOVE the widget...

Heres my setup and settings
    HTC Evo
    Beautiful Home Weather
    Geolocation on/GPS off
    Update interval - 2hrs
    Unlock animations - off
    Im having the same battery drain issues. Im guessin.it might be hanging when trying to update the.wather, because im still not getting updates with the accuweather server.
    Is having the accuweather app necessary now that the server changed?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2010 11:08 PM
    Finally got the latest version downloaded. Same problem with weather/location not updating.

Yes I've deleted and re-added the widget multiple times.
    Yes geolocation is on, force GPS is off
    Yes I've tried toggling the location options.

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled BW. First chance I've had to do that. I'll have to see what happens.
    08-01-2010 11:34 PM
    Can't change the font in the time.
    08-02-2010 07:06 AM
    I think I'm seeing increased battery drain as well....
    08-02-2010 09:14 AM
    Finally got the latest version downloaded. Same problem with weather/location not updating.

Yes I've deleted and re-added the widget multiple times.
    Yes geolocation is on, force GPS is off
    Yes I've tried toggling the location options.

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled BW. First chance I've had to do that. I'll have to see what happens.
    Well it STILL doesn't work. I'm 30 miles away from where I installed it and the widget hasn't updated my location nor has the temperature changed since last night.

Edit:
    An hour or so after I posted the above and a mere 3.5 hours after I left home, the location and temperature finally updated. Wonder if it will bother to update again?
    08-02-2010 11:35 AM
    clock doesnt update.. what a pos!
    08-02-2010 12:17 PM
    clock doesnt update.. what a pos!
    I've had the same problem the last few days. Seems ok so far today though.
    08-02-2010 01:53 PM
    Well it STILL doesn't work. I'm 30 miles away from where I installed it and the widget hasn't updated my location nor has the temperature changed since last night.

Edit:
    An hour or so after I posted the above and a mere 3.5 hours after I left home, the location and temperature finally updated. Wonder if it will bother to update again?
    The answer is NO. Despite being set to 30 minute updates it's an hour an half since the last update and no change. I use the refresh button and it updates. Really wish this would get fixed.

Addition: I see a new version is available. I'll have to get this and give it a go...
    08-02-2010 03:17 PM
126 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD