Beautiful Widgets Home problems

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
In the last week or two I've had several problems with Beautiful Home on my stock Moto Droid 2.1:

- Twice the clock has stopped updating. The Android clock was right but BWH was not. Deleting and re-adding the widget got i working again.

- Several times now the weather is wrong, at least at my work location. For instance BWH is showing the temperature as 91F but Weather Channel and Weather Bug show 99 and 100. Yesterdays readings were similarly off. I've verified that geolocation is on and it is showing me in the right town at least.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

G

GenericMessage

In the last week or two I've had several problems with Beautiful Home on my stock Moto Droid 2.1:

- Twice the clock has stopped updating. The Android clock was right but BWH was not. Deleting and re-adding the widget got i working again.

- Several times now the weather is wrong, at least at my work location. For instance BWH is showing the temperature as 91F but Weather Channel and Weather Bug show 99 and 100. Yesterdays readings were similarly off. I've verified that geolocation is on and it is showing me in the right town at least.

Honestly I haven't.

But I know he's working on BW 3.0
Should be out in a week or so!

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and uninstalled within the 24 hour period. I had horrible problems with it. Skins loaded impossibly slow and weather was severely inaccurate. I wish I could find a decent clock/weather widget to put on top of Launcher Pro.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I'm testing out 3.0 and it's pretty nice. It allows multiple instances which is a nice thing to have.
Couple other features as well. Should be out pretty soon!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue yesterday with the weather updating...I've only seen it since installing a new launcher, so that could be part of it I suppose.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Are you using a task killer? if you "kill" beautiful widgets, it won't update properly.

And as for the temperatures, Mine only updates every 2 hours so it's not 100% accurate all the time, but also remember that accuweather and the like all have different reading stations. I'm not sure which Beautiful widgets uses.

darrenm

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets diplaying high temp

Instead of current temp............... No clue what to do.

Thanks in advance.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
No I don't use a task killer. I have BW set to update every 30 minutes. Just noticed again this morning that it's showing 103 which was probably yesterday's high instead of the current 92 or so. Deleting and re-adding the widget does not fix the temperature. I'm seriously thinking of going to separate clock and Weather Channel widgets until this gets fixed.

And how the heck do I contact LevelUp about this? Is Twitter (shudder) the only option available? That's the only contact info I can find on their website.

Last edited:

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Having similar problem today on my DX. Clock updating but the weather won't even after forced weather refresh. I do have ATKiller but it has never been an issue until today and Beaut widgets hasn't appeared on ATK's running list to best of my memory.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm testing out 3.0 and it's pretty nice. It allows multiple instances which is a nice thing to have.
Couple other features as well. Should be out pretty soon!

Jorge, you lucky song of a gun haha. what can you say about being a worthy improvement or not? i really don't know what else he can add to it to improve it aside from optimizing the files

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Bump. Getting a bit ridiculous to see "81 and fog" for the last 12 hours despite multiple forced refreshes and widget reloads. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it will help but this needs to be fixed.

EDIT: On reload, just noticed it says weather problems comes from Google weather servers, not BW. By the way, still 81 and fog so I guess it really is an outside force and not the widget itself.

Last edited:

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I upgraded to the paid version last week and have seen many more force closes and "unable to load home page" on my DI. Hope we get an update soon.

browns1

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Droid Inc and having all of these problems, too. I think it may have updated once within the past 3 days. I have to turn my GPS on and off through Power Control in order to turn it off. And just a few minutes ago, I tried accessing the weather app and it Force Closed HTC Sense... -_-

Hopefully there's a fix soon!

Kansas

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with Fancy Widget not showing the proper temperature (not having the clock problem), and I think I know why the temperature is wrong. I did some searches and found that Fancy and Beautiful widget get their temperature from google. If you go to google and type in "Weather (your zip code)" it will show you what google thinks your current temperature is and it will match what is on your widget. In my case it says it's 76 when weather.com and accuweather says 85. It looks like this is a google problem and the igoogle gadget has the same problem. I'm a little surprised that google would have something screwed up like this.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been trying to tell every one it is a Google issue and not the apostle fault. It all depands on where Google gets there info from. There's more then one weather provider.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc