Beautiful Widgets Home problems

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I should have left well enough alone. I decided to be a good citizen, and update my Beautiful Home Widget to the most current version, to 3.02. With the new widget, tapping on the 5 day Accuweather display just drops the DX back to the home screen. I see others complaining about this and other problems on the Beautiful Widgets page on Appbrain.

Last edited:

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I had some issues after going 3.02, but now they're resolved. What I recommend everyone with issues to do is to completely uninstall Beautiful Widgets (not just remove from home screen, but completely uninstall). Then reinstall from the Market and try again.

Completely resolved all my issues.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I had some issues after going 3.02, but now they're resolved. What I recommend everyone with issues to do is to completely uninstall Beautiful Widgets (not just remove from home screen, but completely uninstall). Then reinstall from the Market and try again.

Completely resolved all my issues.

Glad it worked for you. I just went through the complete uninstall and reinstall, noted that the app showed as 3.03, reloaded the widget, but everything is the same. Selections from the Time and Date areas link properly, but from the 5-day Accuweather forecast, it just goes back to the home screen.

Update! Dumb me. I totally forgot that you have to tap very near the bottom of the screen ot get the link to the next App to work.

Last edited:

myxmastrmike

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So, like others have said, This 3.0 version is FANTASTIC.. but I dont think i'll be able to use it because for some reason it is eating my battery alive....BAD! Like, 100% battery to 82% batter in under 2 hrs while the phone sat on my desk bad.

Updating to 3.0 was the only thing that I changed, so thats the variable. And I removed the home widget with weather (the one I use) and recharged back to 100% and used the stock HTC clock with weather and after the same 2hrs, the battery only went to 94%, and this time I recieved a few emails and did some light web browsing.

Im hoping its something simple to fix this, because I simply LOVE the widget...

Heres my setup and settings
HTC Evo
Beautiful Home Weather
Geolocation on/GPS off
Update interval - 2hrs
Unlock animations - off

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Totally trouble free now. There have been several other updates available over the last 3-4 days. If you haven't already make sure you have the latest version. No increased battery consumption on DX. Great app and no regrest paying for it (one of the few I have).

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed increased battery drain, not sure if it is from the weather widget or not, but I am uninstalling/reinstalling and see it that helps anything. Like most people I bought mostly for the weather/clock, so if that is hosed for now I'm pretty disappointed.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm on 3.03 version and my clock is still is fubar. Its running a hour or so behind me. I've done the uninstall and what not still sol. What is cool left it alone this time hoping for a update so I'm using the fancy widget and I'm getting the animated graphics lightning clouds rain etc.

bigvic13

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So, like others have said, This 3.0 version is FANTASTIC.. but I dont think i'll be able to use it because for some reason it is eating my battery alive....BAD! Like, 100% battery to 82% batter in under 2 hrs while the phone sat on my desk bad.

Updating to 3.0 was the only thing that I changed, so thats the variable. And I removed the home widget with weather (the one I use) and recharged back to 100% and used the stock HTC clock with weather and after the same 2hrs, the battery only went to 94%, and this time I recieved a few emails and did some light web browsing.

Im hoping its something simple to fix this, because I simply LOVE the widget...

Heres my setup and settings
HTC Evo
Beautiful Home Weather
Geolocation on/GPS off
Update interval - 2hrs
Unlock animations - off

Im having the same battery drain issues. Im guessin.it might be hanging when trying to update the.wather, because im still not getting updates with the accuweather server.
Is having the accuweather app necessary now that the server changed?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Finally got the latest version downloaded. Same problem with weather/location not updating.

Yes I've deleted and re-added the widget multiple times.
Yes geolocation is on, force GPS is off
Yes I've tried toggling the location options.

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled BW. First chance I've had to do that. I'll have to see what happens.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Finally got the latest version downloaded. Same problem with weather/location not updating.

Yes I've deleted and re-added the widget multiple times.
Yes geolocation is on, force GPS is off
Yes I've tried toggling the location options.

I just uninstalled and then reinstalled BW. First chance I've had to do that. I'll have to see what happens.

Well it STILL doesn't work. I'm 30 miles away from where I installed it and the widget hasn't updated my location nor has the temperature changed since last night.

Edit:
An hour or so after I posted the above and a mere 3.5 hours after I left home, the location and temperature finally updated. Wonder if it will bother to update again?

Last edited:

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Well it STILL doesn't work. I'm 30 miles away from where I installed it and the widget hasn't updated my location nor has the temperature changed since last night.

Edit:
An hour or so after I posted the above and a mere 3.5 hours after I left home, the location and temperature finally updated. Wonder if it will bother to update again?

The answer is NO. Despite being set to 30 minute updates it's an hour an half since the last update and no change. I use the refresh button and it updates. Really wish this would get fixed.

Addition: I see a new version is available. I'll have to get this and give it a go...

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
This version isn't any better. Right now BW says the temp is 72. After a refresh it changed to 70. Unfortunately, Weather Channel, Weather Bug, local radio and the National Weather Service are all giving temperatures in the low to mid 80s. While it did correctly change my location to Scottsdale, AZ clicking through to Accuweather shows that it really thinks I'm in Miami, AZ, 74 miles away and 1400 feet higher elevation :mad:

Last edited:

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is now getting stuck on temp updates, last night it was over 2 hours i was home and it still was reporting my work location. I have 30min updates, once i refreshed it the temp updated. It was working ok i believe on the first original update that introduced (semi)Accuweather.

brichter21#AC

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Geolocation problems

Are you running a different weather app at the same time? I also have Weather Bug installed and BW will not update to the correct location/geography. As soon as I delete my Weatherbug, BW updates as promised. This is on my Samsung Moment with 2.1

Edit:

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching back to using Weather Bug, Retro Clock and Retro Date. This app is more trouble than it is worth, unfortunately. It seems to eat my battery for lunch.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Are you running a different weather app at the same time? I also have Weather Bug installed and BW will not update to the correct location/geography. As soon as I delete my Weatherbug, BW updates as promised. This is on my Samsung Moment with 2.1

While I do have Weather Channel and Weather bug installed, neither one has a widget going or any kind of notification. Neither is running according to a task killer. This is no different than before the BW change to Accuweather. I had no problems then other than the weather source (Google) going flaky. In my case the location is OK, for now, but Accuweather thinks the location is somewhere else.

If there's a problem with having other weather apps installed, the problem is with BW. At one time I had multiple weather widgets installed while comparing them and had no problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma