Beautiful Widgets Home problems

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed an incredible battery drain as well. Not sure if it is BW or not but it is crazy fast. I hope the update fixes it ...

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I even had BW listed as running after removing the widget, killing it and a few moments later it was running again. I uninstalled it until I hear from others that it is stable. The dev needs to spend more time on stability vs. beauty.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The Clock not updating was never an issue for me but along with everyone else the temp is only updating when it feels like it, 1,2,3 hours sometimes never. I have faith that this will get resolved but its frustrating in the meantime.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
My clock went a hour behind again today first time it happened since update also temp is acting up. If fancy widget wasn't so big id go use that one.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
is it any real bigger then the default of BW?? I know you can chnage skins but still. What is the weather feed for FW?

I might try that until BW gets unborked.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What fixed all issues for me was : Uninstall BW, restart device, reinstall BW and set it up. It all worked perfectly then. Still I think this widget has some serious battery drainage.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
My battery drain was much better today after the last update. I had a jorte widget that I removed as well but the phone seemed to last the normal time today.

I use the BW Home small. Takes up less space and has all the functionality. Time and temp are working for me.

terminal33

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
What fixed all issues for me was : Uninstall BW, restart device, reinstall BW and set it up. It all worked perfectly then. Still I think this widget has some serious battery drainage.

My phone had been laggy since I installed BW, but I also installed Launcher Pro at the same time so I didn't know which app was causing it. Sometimes I would have to touch an app multiple times in order for it to open. Swiping homescreens also lagged as well.

I did what you wrote in your post and it is running fine right now. No lag. Hopefully it stays this way. Thanks! :)

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not totally convinced this widget is updating at my 30min but its seems to be working ok.

@erminal33 are you running a live wallpaper? those will always lag to some degree vs. static images

terminal33

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not totally convinced this widget is updating at my 30min but its seems to be working ok.

@erminal33 are you running a live wallpaper? those will always lag to some degree vs. static images

Yes I am running one of those live fish aquarium wallpapers. Maybe I'll disable it and see if there's a difference.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Working prefectly well here. If your time or weather are not updating, you are using a task killer. Lose the TK.;)

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
It's working better for me but still not well. Geolocation is on, GPS is off and 30 minute update time.

BW location seems a bit better lately but...
BW's idea of my location seems to be somewhere in the county, I suspect the airport where the official NWS station is. This seems to be an Accuweather problem as well. Enter 85023 and Accuweather gives me 85001.

The Weather Channel OTOH has no problem narrowing my location down to a zip code yielding a more accurate temperature for where I am.

The other problem is that BW is definitely not updating every 30 minutes as set. Just now there was a 10 degree difference between BW and Accuweather. Forcing a BW refresh and they now agree.

I do have ATK installed but it is not actively running unless I specifically start it.

cmw6300

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

I can confirm this fix worked for me. I uninstalled the app, powered the phone off and took the battery out for <1 minute, then reinstalled the app. The clock is now synced with the status bar clock and I actually get my location to show up on the widget whereas yesterday it sat at 0 degrees and the clock was way off.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
New update has added refresh on unlock, so you can save the battery and only get updates when you need them. Awesome!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so worried about the temperature being off a few degrees. If it's hot out, it's hot out. The time matches, so that's good. What is really urking me is the fact that the Geolocation feature is not working. I live in an area where there are many small towns and cities around me and it seems to find all of them and where I am, but it keeps cycling through them at random. If I'm where I live it should say that town, if I go to the next town, it should reflect that. The developer said I'm experiencing the limitations of geolocation. I guess I just need to send an email to Google about a refund and then look for something else that maybe will do what it's supposed to do.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so worried about the temperature being off a few degrees. If it's hot out, it's hot out. The time matches, so that's good. What is really urking me is the fact that the Geolocation feature is not working. I live in an area where there are many small towns and cities around me and it seems to find all of them and where I am, but it keeps cycling through them at random. If I'm where I live it should say that town, if I go to the next town, it should reflect that. The developer said I'm experiencing the limitations of geolocation. I guess I just need to send an email to Google about a refund and then look for something else that maybe will do what it's supposed to do.

Short of enabling GPS, I don't know what more the widget could do to solve your problem. It isn't causing the variety of nearby cell towers that are being seen as your current location at any given moment. I have a similar situation, in fact when I'm on Wi-Fi access, it shows me at a location about 70 miles away. I've elected to just use my local town, unless I travel significantly away from the area. The weather isn't significantly different anywhere nearby me anyway. Good luck finding a solution.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I doubt a solution can be found as the developer told me himself that it's a limitation of geolocation. Guess I'm stuck right now. Have to just find a new clock/weather widget.

*Now that I say this it will change, but I've had my current location showing for the past couple hours with no change. I'm crossing my fingers.*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800