Beautiful Widgets Home problems

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I fail to understand why this app can not display the correct temp. Accuweather "more info" tab always says something different then what the widget displays, but is the feed info different from the web page? This was a great app but needs some real tweaking. I think the refresh on unlock is not working either.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been not working as good as it use to also right now tho is within a couple of degrees of website but it has been off by as much as ten degrees at times

Update:
It's the same Now, matches up :)

Sent from Tapatalk

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I fail to understand why this app can not display the correct temp. Accuweather "more info" tab always says something different then what the widget displays, but is the feed info different from the web page? This was a great app but needs some real tweaking. I think the refresh on unlock is not working either.

Because the app updates every 2-3 hours (and you can change that) so the temp that is on the widget can be different than what's on the actual site since there is a few hours in between when it refreshes. It's not a live stream.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I had BW set to update every 30 minutes and it still couldn't reliably give me a reasonably correct temperature without using GPS. I'm not sure if BW isn't coming up with a good location or Accuweather is just stupid with the location BW provides. Fancy Widget, the Weather Channel and WeatherBug all consistently provide better info. So I'm currently using Fancy Widget.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Because the app updates every 2-3 hours (and you can change that) so the temp that is on the widget can be different than what's on the actual site since there is a few hours in between when it refreshes. It's not a live stream.

I disagree with you. I had mine setup to refresh on unlock and it should have the latest info provided by the feed. My locations were always pretty good. Even if i manually refresh it would not change. I will say google weather was becoming more accurate then accuweather.

Fancy widgets is pretty good, but the location got stuck earlier. I'm also trying weather & toggle widget. Its nice so far and skinable.

BW was working perfect one or two updates prior.

DroidBoy82

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been using BW on my Epic 4G ever since I got the phone, and it's been working perfectly, until now. About a week ago BW started asking me for permission to connect to the internet and download something for forcast animations. I click yes, and it just sits there on 0% forever. I get nothing but a black screen with the little five day forcast on the bottom of it now. Everything seems fine on the homepage. The widget shows the time, weather, temp, etc. all updating themselves fine, but I have no weather animations at all. Is anyone else either having, or have had this problem? If so, anyway to solve it? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing.