09-26-2010 12:26 PM
126 123 ...
tools
    In the last week or two I've had several problems with Beautiful Home on my stock Moto Droid 2.1:

- Twice the clock has stopped updating. The Android clock was right but BWH was not. Deleting and re-adding the widget got i working again.

- Several times now the weather is wrong, at least at my work location. For instance BWH is showing the temperature as 91F but Weather Channel and Weather Bug show 99 and 100. Yesterdays readings were similarly off. I've verified that geolocation is on and it is showing me in the right town at least.

Has anyone else had similar problems?
    07-21-2010 01:14 PM
    In the last week or two I've had several problems with Beautiful Home on my stock Moto Droid 2.1:

- Twice the clock has stopped updating. The Android clock was right but BWH was not. Deleting and re-adding the widget got i working again.

- Several times now the weather is wrong, at least at my work location. For instance BWH is showing the temperature as 91F but Weather Channel and Weather Bug show 99 and 100. Yesterdays readings were similarly off. I've verified that geolocation is on and it is showing me in the right town at least.

Honestly I haven't.

But I know he's working on BW 3.0
    Should be out in a week or so!
    07-21-2010 01:15 PM
    I downloaded and uninstalled within the 24 hour period. I had horrible problems with it. Skins loaded impossibly slow and weather was severely inaccurate. I wish I could find a decent clock/weather widget to put on top of Launcher Pro.
    07-23-2010 08:26 AM
    Ditto^
    07-23-2010 09:26 AM
    Honestly I haven't.

But I know he's working on BW 3.0
    Should be out in a week or so!
    Is 3.0 a update or a new app we have to buy.
    07-23-2010 09:42 AM
    I'm testing out 3.0 and it's pretty nice. It allows multiple instances which is a nice thing to have.
    Couple other features as well. Should be out pretty soon!
    07-23-2010 09:56 AM
    Is 3.0 a update or a new app we have to buy.
    Update if you already bought a previous version of BW
    07-23-2010 09:57 AM
    I had an issue yesterday with the weather updating...I've only seen it since installing a new launcher, so that could be part of it I suppose.
    07-23-2010 10:08 AM

Are you using a task killer? if you "kill" beautiful widgets, it won't update properly.

And as for the temperatures, Mine only updates every 2 hours so it's not 100% accurate all the time, but also remember that accuweather and the like all have different reading stations. I'm not sure which Beautiful widgets uses.
    07-23-2010 10:29 AM
    Instead of current temp............... No clue what to do.

Thanks in advance.
    07-26-2010 10:31 AM
    No I don't use a task killer. I have BW set to update every 30 minutes. Just noticed again this morning that it's showing 103 which was probably yesterday's high instead of the current 92 or so. Deleting and re-adding the widget does not fix the temperature. I'm seriously thinking of going to separate clock and Weather Channel widgets until this gets fixed.

And how the heck do I contact LevelUp about this? Is Twitter (shudder) the only option available? That's the only contact info I can find on their website.
    07-26-2010 11:06 AM
    Having similar problem today on my DX. Clock updating but the weather won't even after forced weather refresh. I do have ATKiller but it has never been an issue until today and Beaut widgets hasn't appeared on ATK's running list to best of my memory.
    07-26-2010 08:44 PM
    I've had a problem where Beautiful Widgets was using the GPS for 6 hours in a day and completely wrecking the battery.
    07-26-2010 09:08 PM
    I'm testing out 3.0 and it's pretty nice. It allows multiple instances which is a nice thing to have.
    Couple other features as well. Should be out pretty soon!
    Jorge, you lucky song of a gun haha. what can you say about being a worthy improvement or not? i really don't know what else he can add to it to improve it aside from optimizing the files
    07-26-2010 09:30 PM
    Bump. Getting a bit ridiculous to see "81 and fog" for the last 12 hours despite multiple forced refreshes and widget reloads. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall to see if it will help but this needs to be fixed.

EDIT: On reload, just noticed it says weather problems comes from Google weather servers, not BW. By the way, still 81 and fog so I guess it really is an outside force and not the widget itself.
    07-26-2010 11:55 PM
    FWIW, I upgraded to the paid version last week and have seen many more force closes and "unable to load home page" on my DI. Hope we get an update soon.
    07-27-2010 06:46 AM
    I'm using the Droid Inc and having all of these problems, too. I think it may have updated once within the past 3 days. I have to turn my GPS on and off through Power Control in order to turn it off. And just a few minutes ago, I tried accessing the weather app and it Force Closed HTC Sense... -_-

Hopefully there's a fix soon!
    07-27-2010 07:02 AM
    Restart Launcher Pro? Make sure that in Settings> Accounts & Sync that background data and auto-sync are checked.
    07-27-2010 07:02 AM
    I'm having the same problem with Fancy Widget not showing the proper temperature (not having the clock problem), and I think I know why the temperature is wrong. I did some searches and found that Fancy and Beautiful widget get their temperature from google. If you go to google and type in "Weather (your zip code)" it will show you what google thinks your current temperature is and it will match what is on your widget. In my case it says it's 76 when weather.com and accuweather says 85. It looks like this is a google problem and the igoogle gadget has the same problem. I'm a little surprised that google would have something screwed up like this.
    07-27-2010 10:39 AM
    I've been trying to tell every one it is a Google issue and not the apostle fault. It all depands on where Google gets there info from. There's more then one weather provider.
    07-27-2010 10:46 AM
    This has been going on now for quite some time...is there any way to find out what the issue is with Google? I mean, by BW widget has been stuck on "storms" and 81 degrees when it's been sunny and 92 for the past several days. It's getting a bit ridiculous now. I have changed the zip code, refreshed, etc. ad nauseum...no difference.
    07-27-2010 03:50 PM
    3.0 will drop with a new weather source. The dev is coding that in now.
    This deal with Google and the weather source will be the last one for BW.
    Kansas likes this.
    07-27-2010 03:55 PM
    Any idea when this might drop? I finally deleted my BWHome widget as it was driving me crazy. For now I'm using a functional if ugly combo of The Weather Channel and Retro Clock widgets.
    07-27-2010 05:16 PM
    Any idea when this might drop? I finally deleted my BWHome widget as it was driving me crazy. For now I'm using a functional if ugly combo of The Weather Channel and Retro Clock widgets.
    Dev said 2 weeks (on Monday).
    I would say that it should be ready before Next Friday.
    3.0 is working fine its just a matter of coding the new feed in and testing that.
    07-27-2010 05:39 PM
    Mine did update earlier today, but it now shows the same temp and update it was stuck on for the previous 48 hrs. Bizarre.

Good news about 3.0
    07-27-2010 08:11 PM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD