Need Android equivalent of guided access

mishie

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought note 2.. need something like guided access in iOS so I can lend my child my phone. .recommendations ? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Since most of us aren't iOS users, you might want to be a little more specific in your description. I have no idea what "guided access" is.

Tell us what functionality you want, and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Ted Chuang

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Generally speaking, Guided Access allows the tablet to be in Kiosk mode, whereby the top/bottom navigation bars and hardware buttons can be disabled, leaving only foreground app running.

iOS designed this as an accessibility feature such that autistic children can stay on task; however, retail environments can use the feature to prevent customers from wandering away from intended shopping tools.

SureLock and SureFox are nice but too expensive. Are there any quality kiosk ROM or apps that can be had for cheap?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend "App Lock II"--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=net.xdevelop.protector3&token=g8W0Wev3

I set it up on devices I lend to kids so they "can't access" stuff I don't want them to.
What I like about it is it doesn't display a password prompt - instead it displays the "Force Close" prompt.
I also keep the Settings of my daily personal device "protected" with it just in case.

Like "SureLock" the way you access the Apps that are protected is quickly tap above the Force Close prompt 5X's in a span of 3seconds.
It's not perfect but the best I've found.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude