How To Un-Install Incompatible Apps From Phone

mayfieldh

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I can't remember how and when I got this program on my phone, but now I cannot remove it. The name of the program is called "Polaris Office 4.0" and now that I have it, it looks like it is causing me some problems. I went under "application manager" but it does not show up there so I cannot remove it. I tried moving it to the trash can and still cannot remove it. What is the proper way to get rid of applications that are NOT compatiable with your device. In google play, it even states that it was incompatible. How did it allow me to download it anyway and not let me uninstall it now.

Thanks...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What phone do you have? Some phones (the Galaxy S3 for example) come with this pre-installed in the ROM, so you won't be able to remove it if that's the case. (Unless you root, but let's not go there right now.)

Dragging an icon to the trashcan only removes the icon from that screen, it won't actually delete the app. Just like deleting a shortcut in Windows.

When in the application manager, there are (at least on my phone) 3 tabs. The first is "Downloaded," the second "Running," and the third "All." Make sure you're on the "All" tab by swiping sideways until you get there. See if the app shows up in that tab. If so, tap the app and see what options you have. If they are "Force Stop" and "Disable", then it was a pre-installed app, and you're stuck with it. It's not using up your available memory, so don't worry about it. If the options are "Force Stop" and "Uninstall," you should be able to delete it.

In what way is the app incompatible?

Aron Raja

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
When i try to download 8 Ball Pool it says you cannot install this app because another user has already installed an incompatible version on this phone how do I delete the incompatible version

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle