Is there a music player with an alphabet search bar?

jennysmate

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The S3 stock player has an alphabet side search bar ( similar to the ipod touch) With my large music collection I can go straight to Z rather than scroll through thousands of songs.
But it's lacking in other areas, is there any other ap. that has this feature?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The S3 stock player has an alphabet side search bar ( similar to the ipod touch) With my large music collection I can go straight to Z rather than scroll through thousands of songs.
But it's lacking in other areas, is there any other ap. that has this feature?

My app, Music Player (Remix), allows you to quick-scroll through your songs, albums, artists, genres, and composers using a quick-scroll bar on the right-side of the screen. It doesn't have the letters printed out on the scroll bar, but when you quick-scroll the current letter pops up on the screen making it very easy to jump to a certain letter. Also the quick-scroll bar is visible at all times (not just when scrolling), so just like on an iPod, you can just tap anywhere on the scroll bar to jump to that portion of the alphabet.

Also the various browsing screens have other sorting options. For instance, on the Songs and Albums screen you can also quick-scroll by release date and the year will pop up on the screen while you quick-scroll. So if you're looking for a song or album from a particular year, it's easy to jump to that year.

And all the screens have 2 different display modes: list and thumbnail. So you can browse by text or album art images.

You can find the app in the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.musicplayerremix

There's also a free 14-day, fully-functional trial here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

jennysmate

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that looks like what I want. Any chance of putting an alphabet layover on tthe scroll bar? Then I would'nt have to guess how far down to tap. A transparent widget would also be great.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that looks like what I want. Any chance of putting an alphabet layover on tthe scroll bar? Then I would'nt have to guess how far down to tap. A transparent widget would also be great.

I didn't want to put the alphabet overlay because it would clash with the rest of the Android/Holo theme. The app has its own unique look; however it uses the standard Holo theme in its basic elements. Using an iOS-style alphabet overlay wouldn't fit in with the rest of the Holo elements.

I'm going to be adding customization options to the existing home-screen widgets including color and transparency. So when this is implemented, you'll be able to make them completely transparent.

jennysmate

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally found one, NEUTRON music player, has brilliant sound quality and an alphabet overlay search bar. On the downside its not that intuitive to use and it uses a lot of battery power.
Thanks for all your help!