I'm using the beta on the Evo from when it was available last month so it's not a hacked version. It started off extremely adept at correcting slight mistakes in Swyping and 9 times out of 10 chose the word that I actually wanted.

Now, it seems that more often than not, it's not even choosing real words to correct, it will just show a group of letters.

For example, I tried to Swype 'Pass' and wasn't very accurate, but it gave me 'Oas." Before it would at least give the word choice list and if my word wasn't there, I could hit backspace once and try again. But now it's selecting these gibberish words that I have to back over completely which slows me way down and is annoying. I suppose the "gibberish" words could be acronyms, but nothing I immediately recognize so I hope that's not it.

I can't think of another example off the top of my head, but you get the idea. Could I have taught it some non-words through use or is it just a growing pain of a beta? Is there a setting I can adjust?

Thanks.
    07-22-2010 01:07 PM
    mine did the same thing man. i unistalled and reinstalled so it would start over. now its ok. and i love swype.
    07-22-2010 01:39 PM
    If you put in some gibberish words by mistake, the next time you see them you should be able to double-click them to highlight them, then hit the Swype key, which will give you an option to delete them from the Swype dictionary. Hopefully they will just add a "Custom dictionary" option in one of the releases that you can easily peruse and clean up.
    07-22-2010 01:57 PM
    Swiftkey is better anyways
    07-22-2010 02:41 PM
    i love swype works great 95% of the time
    07-22-2010 04:42 PM
    I've had to go into my dictionary a few times and delete words that I accidently saved.. might want to try that as well.

go to the KB settings and then to User Keyboard and just start deleting ones that arent real words.
    07-22-2010 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD