09-20-2010 08:30 AM
98 1234
tools
    MP3 Download is best for easy to find stuff. Less common music I use Music Wizard
    08-11-2010 10:12 AM
    Grooveshark.
    08-12-2010 10:29 PM
    I think grooveshark is not for android.
    08-13-2010 12:01 AM
    I think there's one called RockOn or something like that - it's not available in the market. It looks pretty cool but I haven't tried it yet. Anybody know what I'm talking about or used it? I tried to download it but my poor old Eris is running low on internal memory.... Also, it doesn't appear to have playlists, and I need playlists.

RockOn | SlideME
    08-13-2010 08:16 AM
    I have the Droid X with installed music player. Is there any application that recognizes the "Genre"? I want to be able to pick "Jazz" and have the Droid play all of the music that is of that Genre. I do not want to have to make a play list or go to the trouble of selecting artist. All help greatly appreciated.
    08-14-2010 01:43 PM
    I like Btunes and the stock player for the EVO. Both work flawlessly.
    08-14-2010 07:45 PM
    I have the Droid X with installed music player. Is there any application that recognizes the "Genre"? I want to be able to pick "Jazz" and have the Droid play all of the music that is of that Genre. I do not want to have to make a play list or go to the trouble of selecting artist. All help greatly appreciated.
    MixZing will. I'm sure others will, but I use this one so I know for certain it will.
    08-14-2010 11:42 PM
    I think grooveshark is not for android.
    Grooveshark is available for Android,a nd works quite well.

Another app that I believe I mentioned pages ago is Song Storm. Allows you to download songs from Grooveshark.
    08-15-2010 09:54 AM
    Musicjunk
    08-15-2010 11:03 AM
    I'm using Lithium music player now instead of doubleTwist. I had problems with the desktop program interfacing with my phone. I find it just as easy to drag & drop files after I clean up the mp3 tags myself.
    08-15-2010 02:36 PM
    Grooveshark is available for Android,a nd works quite well.

Another app that I believe I mentioned pages ago is Song Storm. Allows you to download songs from Grooveshark.

Wow.. that's cool. Thanks for info buddy.
    08-16-2010 01:02 AM
    Yes, Grooveshark is awesome.

And a question: how can I prevent all interruptions while a song is playing? That is, I don't want any incoming text message or phone call or any alert to interrupt playback. Currently I download the song "for local playback" then turn off all radios (airplane mode). But I suspect a calendar alert might still interrupt though I haven't tested that.
    08-16-2010 10:02 PM
    Ok hello everyone, i am new at this. I recently upgraded from an iphone to the samsung captivate and i am wanting to know if there is an app out there where i can get radio streams, kinda like ootunes on the iphone to listen to live radio stations...can anyone help?

Thanks
    08-16-2010 11:07 PM
    I really like btunes.
    08-17-2010 05:44 PM
    Does any one know where I can find "Pure Music Widget" ?
    Because I can't find it in the Market (or any other Pure apps)
    08-18-2010 01:58 AM
    Ok hello everyone, i am new at this. I recently upgraded from an iphone to the samsung captivate and i am wanting to know if there is an app out there where i can get radio streams, kinda like ootunes on the iphone to listen to live radio stations...can anyone help?

Thanks
    try IheartRADIO
    08-18-2010 10:16 AM
    I know this may be a stupid little feature, but it has come in handy, I had a Palm Pre and the Music Player (Remix) has a "lyric" feature so if you are listening to a song you can tap on it and it instantly accesses lyrics.com and gives you the lyrics. Does any of these music players have that option?
    08-19-2010 07:30 AM
    What's most important to me in a music player is the Playlist feature. I have songs for my kids, songs for me, etc, and it's nice to have them broken down into various playlists. I'm using MixZing now and it's playlists are ok, but I'd like to find one that has better options - preferably the ability to edit and add on the desktop. Any suggestions?
    08-21-2010 02:31 PM

Thanks
    I use Android Online Radio App. I believe you can add additional stations if the station you are looking for isn't there.
    08-21-2010 05:00 PM
    A few items...

1. I was listening to the Digital City podcast on CNET and they mentioned an Android app similar to Limewire; any idea what this is and/or do you know of any similar type apps?

2. I downloaded both doubleTwist and a few other music sync apps; all without much luck. I have a 16GB SD card that is totally empty. I have about 5000 songs in my iTunes folder (mainly from CDs but also from Limewire and other sources); none of these apps I use is able to transfer more than 150-200 sogs to my MUSIC folder. And none of them transfered any of my podcasts

Any ideas what the problem could be?
    08-22-2010 11:53 AM
    I can't download song storm anywhere, what's the deal?
    08-24-2010 11:09 AM
    A few items...

1. I was listening to the Digital City podcast on CNET and they mentioned an Android app similar to Limewire; any idea what this is and/or do you know of any similar type apps?

2. I downloaded both doubleTwist and a few other music sync apps; all without much luck. I have a 16GB SD card that is totally empty. I have about 5000 songs in my iTunes folder (mainly from CDs but also from Limewire and other sources); none of these apps I use is able to transfer more than 150-200 sogs to my MUSIC folder. And none of them transfered any of my podcasts

Any ideas what the problem could be?
    Get an app called "iSyncr" ... its the best way to transfer music from iTunes to your phone. Its $2.99 for the full version but its well worth it IMO.
    08-24-2010 08:30 PM
    I have tried music mod, 3, and the sense player... I hated the shuffle on all of them. Then I downloaded the game HAWK and my music players all decided to add the 526 sounds to the playlists. So I decided to download mixzing... So far my favorite one, and I am about to download the pro version. You can select which files you want to scan for music, download album art and auto shuffle according to genre.
    08-25-2010 12:42 AM
    Is there any app that allows me to skip songs via sidebuttons??
    08-25-2010 01:49 PM
    A few items...

I don't know specifically what they were referencing but there's one called Music Junk that I've been using that will let you download music. I've had no complaints yet. I don't think it's in the Android Market, though. I found it on SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace - there's other good apps there that aren't on the market for whatever reason. Recommended.
    08-25-2010 08:44 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD