List your favorite Music app. or questions

byroncl

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Grooveshark is awesome.

And a question: how can I prevent all interruptions while a song is playing? That is, I don't want any incoming text message or phone call or any alert to interrupt playback. Currently I download the song "for local playback" then turn off all radios (airplane mode). But I suspect a calendar alert might still interrupt though I haven't tested that.

sophiarenee

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
samsung captivate phone

Ok hello everyone, i am new at this. I recently upgraded from an iphone to the samsung captivate and i am wanting to know if there is an app out there where i can get radio streams, kinda like ootunes on the iphone to listen to live radio stations...can anyone help?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Does any one know where I can find "Pure Music Widget" ?
Because I can't find it in the Market (or any other Pure apps)

RobertInCypress

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok hello everyone, i am new at this. I recently upgraded from an iphone to the samsung captivate and i am wanting to know if there is an app out there where i can get radio streams, kinda like ootunes on the iphone to listen to live radio stations...can anyone help?

try IheartRADIO

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I know this may be a stupid little feature, but it has come in handy, I had a Palm Pre and the Music Player (Remix) has a "lyric" feature so if you are listening to a song you can tap on it and it instantly accesses lyrics.com and gives you the lyrics. Does any of these music players have that option?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
What's most important to me in a music player is the Playlist feature. I have songs for my kids, songs for me, etc, and it's nice to have them broken down into various playlists. I'm using MixZing now and it's playlists are ok, but I'd like to find one that has better options - preferably the ability to edit and add on the desktop. Any suggestions?

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I use Android Online Radio App. I believe you can add additional stations if the station you are looking for isn't there.

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
A few items...

1. I was listening to the Digital City podcast on CNET and they mentioned an Android app similar to Limewire; any idea what this is and/or do you know of any similar type apps?

2. I downloaded both doubleTwist and a few other music sync apps; all without much luck. I have a 16GB SD card that is totally empty. I have about 5000 songs in my iTunes folder (mainly from CDs but also from Limewire and other sources); none of these apps I use is able to transfer more than 150-200 sogs to my MUSIC folder. And none of them transfered any of my podcasts

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
A few items...

1. I was listening to the Digital City podcast on CNET and they mentioned an Android app similar to Limewire; any idea what this is and/or do you know of any similar type apps?

2. I downloaded both doubleTwist and a few other music sync apps; all without much luck. I have a 16GB SD card that is totally empty. I have about 5000 songs in my iTunes folder (mainly from CDs but also from Limewire and other sources); none of these apps I use is able to transfer more than 150-200 sogs to my MUSIC folder. And none of them transfered any of my podcasts

Get an app called "iSyncr" ... its the best way to transfer music from iTunes to your phone. Its $2.99 for the full version but its well worth it IMO.

voodootrip

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have tried music mod, 3, and the sense player... I hated the shuffle on all of them. Then I downloaded the game HAWK and my music players all decided to add the 526 sounds to the playlists. So I decided to download mixzing... So far my favorite one, and I am about to download the pro version. You can select which files you want to scan for music, download album art and auto shuffle according to genre.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
A few items...

I don't know specifically what they were referencing but there's one called Music Junk that I've been using that will let you download music. I've had no complaints yet. I don't think it's in the Android Market, though. I found it on SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace - there's other good apps there that aren't on the market for whatever reason. Recommended.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site

Any luck with that yet?

I just drag & drop from the PC to the SD after I have mounted the phone.

If you have a lot from CDs & Limewire, like I do, you might want to look at MixZing since it will download album art automatically.

Another cool one - not related to your questions - that I downloaded recently is TuneWiki. It gives you the lyrics in a karaoke style - they can be toggled off and on or go full screen. Currently I'm using TuneWiki and MixZing for my MP3s and happy with both.

MAX_POWERS#AC

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried btunes, mixzing, nemo, mort, cube,double twist, and Lithium. So far Lithium is my favorite. I like the gapless play back and cross fader. You can change the interface color. To avoid playing video game sound files you could choose what folder to play music from.