Google Play Music Web Client Album Art Issues

cpandafeng

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I love using google play music (It has become my primary way of organizing music after I jumped ship from windows media player) and everything about it (from the 5 star rating options to the way it syncs my playlists and data) has been stellar in my experience with it till a few days ago. Many times I've uploaded songs that weren't tagged properly, so they would always show up in my library with no or incorrect album art and metadata. Now that's been ok since I've been able to change the Album art and metadata manually up to this point. Now, every time I try and replace album art, it fails to upload my selected album art from my desktop. Anyone else experiencing this problem and/or have a fix for it? I'm kind of a neat freak when it comes to having my music tagged properly with correct album art. Thanks for reading and hope the community can give me a helping hand on this one.

androider69

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow, your question is a carbon copy of the exact thing I wanted to ask!!!

I am having the exact same problem. I used to be able to change the album art manually and now I can't. Clicking to change the image in the edit option does nothing at all.

Hopefully this is just a bug that Google will fix shortly...unless someone knows a work around in the meantime

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I had a huge problem with loading songs and NONE of them getting done correctly. I loaded hundreds of songs and would end up with a giant "unknown" album that wouldn't play any songs.

Suddenly starting last night its worked like a charm re-uploading the same music on the same computer so idk.

gManTwo

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I called Google about it on Saturday (19th) and they acknowledged the problem.The tech said they are working on it but had no firm resolution date other then it being fixed in the next few days. Today is Monday and it's still broken.

Gazzeroony

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, if Google has acknowledged the problem and is working on the fix, we just need to be patient. My concern was that it was specific to my setup and therefore less likely to be resolved.

cprosie

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
status unchanged. i called on this 3 times in the last week. they are "working on it".

- - - Updated - - -

status unchanged. i called on this 3 times in the last week. they are "working on it".

Sausageinabun

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Any room in that boat chaps, move over.

Yes I am "enjoying" the same problem.

Here we are Wednesday morning and still no fix in site, nor indeed any word from them with regards to a time scale.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I just came across the same problem of not being able to change the album art after uploading a few albums and finding out that some ended up with the wrong cover picture. I can't edit the picture for some reason. If this should work and Google's aware of it though, hopefully they'll have a fix out for it soon. I guess I'll just have to deal with the incorrect cover art for a while until Google does fix it. Nice to know I'm not alone with this issue (sometimes it's hard to tell), so I'm glad I found this thread.

Sausageinabun

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My last upload doesn't even have the stock Google art, just that awful grey square.

I've stopped uploading until this has been fixed.

But given that it is getting on for a week now, I'll not hold my breath for a fix any time soon.

cprosie

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It's seems like its getting worse, not better. Now my art that was there is randomly changing. What is going on?

Does anyone have a realistic time frame for a fix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae