Is this just the HTC Aria, or is this true for all phones?

My Google Voice works great on outgoing calls if I make a call to a known contact. However, if I punch in a number that isn't in my contact list, or return the call of someone not in my contact list, it uses my stock phone app and mobile number.

EDIT: Also, looks like my contact has to have the entire number (including area code) listed in my contact's info for GV to work. If my contact's phone number doesn't have the area code listed, it uses the stock phone app. What's the deal?
    07-23-2010 11:32 AM
    So, no one uses Google Voice for outgoing calls, or no one likes me? hahah.
    07-28-2010 07:10 AM
    You have to have the entire ten diget number put in for Google Voice to work for outgoing calls. This goes for the ones in your contacts and the ones you dial.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    07-28-2010 07:15 AM
    Is this just the HTC Aria, or is this true for all phones?
    GV dials out using GV on manually dialed numbers on my Droid.

Though we've been on 10 digit dialing for ages here so I dial all numbers with all 10 digits.
    07-28-2010 07:51 AM
    You have to have the entire ten diget number put in for Google Voice to work for outgoing calls. This goes for the ones in your contacts and the ones you dial.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    GV dials out using GV on manually dialed numbers on my Droid.

Though we've been on 10 digit dialing for ages here so I dial all numbers with all 10 digits.
    Thanks guys. I hadn't thought about that. Checked it out on my phone and that is right. Thanks again!
    07-28-2010 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD