Google Voice Notification Sync

numone

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason Google Voice doesn't sync "read" messages the same way gmail does?

If I get a new email (and notification on my phone) but I read the email using my computer's web browser, the email notification goes away.

If I get a new voicemail or text message (and a notification on my phone) but I read/listen to it using my computer's web browser, the notification stays there until I clear it out or open the Google Voice application.

Why is this?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Gmail and Google Voice Notifications both stay on my Notification bar until manually cleared by me. you might want to test it again.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Same for me as the OP stated.
So far only GMail's Notification syncs (clears) properly of all the Apps I've tried.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason Google Voice doesn't sync "read" messages the same way gmail does?

If I get a new email (and notification on my phone) but I read the email using my computer's web browser, the email notification goes away.

If I get a new voicemail or text message (and a notification on my phone) but I read/listen to it using my computer's web browser, the notification stays there until I clear it out or open the Google Voice application.

Why is this?

Great point. Probably just a request that needs to be put in to Google. This would be very helpful. Mine even goes so far as if I have the Voice app open and am testing back and forth, I still get the notifications and have to click on the notifications to clear them even if I've read the texts in the Google Voice app itself.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. A couple of years ago, this wasn't an issue...the GV notification would clear just like the Gmail notification does now. However, I think it was the GV update that got it ready for ICS that I noticed this problem started.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol