Something I didn't know and got hosed on. Back in October during Google's $0.25 promotions, I had bought two apps that were meant for my tablet. I purchased them on my phone and my tablet had no access to internet. Long story short, I waited to install those apps on my tablet because it was sluggish due to the low memory I had left so I chose to wait. Today I realized I had forgotten all about those apps and went to install them. Neither of them were purchased anymore. After speaking to google play and google wallet, they said that i have a 15 minute window to install those apps or they are automatically refunded. the two apps cost $10 combined so I got screwed and never knew about the install limit.

this is not to be confused with the 15 minute refund window. They automatically refunded me when I didn't install the app. I dont know if I ever got a refund email, I didn't notice it if I did.

They said they couldn't give me those apps at the .25 price anymore. So a big FYI to everyone. I've never known this.
    01-23-2013 11:59 AM
    So basically your saying you purchased something, left it there so to speak, they refunded your 50 cents and now your mad because it is not on sale anymore. I think it's a pretty good policy to do what they did. I don't see how you can be mad at them. That's just my opinion and i give it respectfully. Mad at yourself yes, ,mad at Google no.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    01-23-2013 12:14 PM
    Im not really mad at them, very disappointed yes. I'm posting this here as an FYI to anyone who purchases something on sale.

I purchased an app and common sense says its now attached to your account. If I bought a music CD and dont listen to it within 15 minutes doesn't mean that it should self destruct. I feel this is how apps should work as well.

At least with movie rentals it clearly states "this movie will expire in 48 hours." Then I know I need to watch this in 48 hours. It is not clearly posted that this app will be refunded in 15 minutes.

Under normal circumstances, If I bought a $5 app and it got refunded, its no big deal, I can just buy it again. But in this case, I bought something on sale, and if I wanted to repurchase the app I technically lost $9.50.
    zmann likes this.
    01-23-2013 12:24 PM
    Im not really mad at them, very disappointed yes. I'm posting this here as an FYI to anyone who purchases something on sale.

I purchased an app and common sense says its now attached to your account. If I bought a music CD and dont listen to it within 15 minutes doesn't mean that it should self destruct. I feel this is how apps should work as well.

At least with movie rentals it clearly states "this movie will expire in 48 hours." Then I know I need to watch this in 48 hours. It is not clearly posted that this app will be refunded in 15 minutes.

Under normal circumstances, If I bought a $5 app and it got refunded, its no big deal, I can just buy it again. But in this case, I bought something on sale, and if I wanted to repurchase the app I technically lost $9.50.
    I see your point.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    01-23-2013 02:22 PM