I'm looking for a little guidenance and understanding on how Applications work in the Droid environment, more specifcally the Droid X environment.

With nearly 100k of applications on the market, and a ton of handy applications, is there a such thing as having too many applications installed on the Droid X, given its memory and disk size...?

I understand the principle of having too many applications "Running" at the same time due to memory limitations and how it would affect the performance of the phone, however, are there any issues with having apps installed but NOT RUNNING other than the limited amount of disk space....?

I find that I have 10 or so applications installed, (NOT RUNNING at the same time), and quite a few more that I would like to install... again, I just wanted to understand what affect it would have on the phone...if any...

Thank you for your help
    07-23-2010 08:16 PM
    The x has 8gb of app memory. The most of any android phone. I'm sitting at 101 apps with no affect on performance thanks in part to a 1ghz processor.
    07-23-2010 10:09 PM
    The x has 8gb of app memory. The most of any android phone. I'm sitting at 101 apps with no affect on performance thanks in part to a 1ghz processor.
    How would one find out how much App Memory a device has? I have an Htc Aria with 16gb McroSD card.
    07-23-2010 10:13 PM
    Until 2.2 froyo is released you cant store apps on SD card. Most devices have either 512mb or 1gb. I'm not update on what your particular phone has.
    07-23-2010 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD