Google Voice Questions

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon S3 and have had Google Voice installed for a long time (I have a telephone number associated with the installation). In the past I had it set to "do not use Google Voice for any calls". I just changed it to "ask every time I make a call". Now when I make a call it still does not ask me if I should use Google Voice it just dials normally.

1) How can I get it to prompt me to ask if I should use Google Voice?
2) If someone calls the Google Voice number how can I answer the call? Do I have to set Google Voice on the web to forward call to my cell number?
3) Instead of having the phone ask me every time I make a call if I want to use Google Voice is there a way to make the call normally unless I do something specific and then it would use Google Voice?

Thanks for your help.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Questions 1 and 3 are the same setting. Menu - settings - Making calls. Choose ask, every time, or never.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Questions 1 and 3 are the same setting. Menu - settings - Making calls. Choose ask, every time, or never.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I now have it working. The difference between 1 & 3 in my mind was I wanted to always use my phone number except for calls and did not want to have the choice for every call. I was looking for a method to use GV only for certain numbers. I found an app Voice Choice which does it exactly but it did not seem to work for me since I have 2200 contacts and it choked on it.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Neil, what percentage of your contacts do you want to use GV for vs. not? Because you can create a list either way.

I have only a few contacts I want to use GV for, so I have a list of those and for all the others GV gets aborted.

Sent from my HTC Vivid (ICS)

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I want the great majority of my calls to be made using my Verizon number. I did realize that you can create the list either way and I tried both methods. Thanks for your suggestion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke