Is there a way to show that the recepient has received his text message? I thought there was a little checkmark beside the sent text. But when I made handcent the default text message client, that lil checkmark went away. I guess it was part of the stock text message software.
    I just want to make sure my kids receive their texts.

**Posted this on handcent and they don't reply**
    07-24-2010 09:34 AM
    Here's an example: My daughter is on a canoe trip this weekend with her boyfriend.
    I texted her 2 hours ago wanting to know if she is on her way home. NO reply. And, no notification she received it. I long press the message and get 'view details'. And I get Type, sms, to..and sent with date time. No confirmation of anything.
    This is very frustrating cause I KNOW there are other users out there who want a way to know if their message has been delivered to the handset.
    I've went into settings:
    Send message settings; and receive message settings and have 'handcent delivery report'. checked.
    send message doesn't have a notification option that I see...
    I know I could call her or her boyfriend, but then why text at all?

I've seen a lil green checkbox on some of my previous sent text that I long press and it pulls up a lil received popup or pending....but for whatever reason those are gone now.
    07-25-2010 02:43 PM
    yes there is a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION icon that appears next to the message box/bubble, i know because i use it. There's a spinning gear icon that eventually turns into a Blue (sending) then green circle with a check-mark in it when the message is delivered.

Go into settings of Handcent/notifications/receive message setting and only check-off delivery confirmation from carrier... i had to test mine with a friend to make sure i had it set right.
    07-25-2010 03:29 PM
    Cool, I just enabled this but I sent myself a message and it's been delivered but the blue clock icon is still showing instead of the green check mark.....

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.
    07-25-2010 03:47 PM
    I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but I only see the 'delivered' icon (green check) if the recipient is a Verizon user as well. I can not see when my messages to users from other networks are delivered, just that the message has been 'sent' (blue clock icon).
    07-25-2010 06:07 PM
    @ Ludicrous..
    Handcent/notifications, sent notifications and put a green circle in 'notify when message is received (needs carrier support)...is that where you are talking about? Cause that's all I have. I uninstalled the app and reinstallled it.
    and THANKS for your help!
    07-25-2010 06:21 PM
    Ahh, I am on Sprint and the notification doesn't even turn into a green check with Sprint users. I guess I'm out of luck.
    07-25-2010 07:00 PM
    Finally got mine working. Dunno what the breakdown was, I just set it back to defaults and turned it on. I noticed that the VZW contacts work fine, but AT&T always show as pending...
    07-25-2010 08:45 PM