Handcent message received notification?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to show that the recepient has received his text message? I thought there was a little checkmark beside the sent text. But when I made handcent the default text message client, that lil checkmark went away. I guess it was part of the stock text message software.
I just want to make sure my kids receive their texts.
;)

**Posted this on handcent and they don't reply**

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's an example: My daughter is on a canoe trip this weekend with her boyfriend.
I texted her 2 hours ago wanting to know if she is on her way home. NO reply. And, no notification she received it. I long press the message and get 'view details'. And I get Type, sms, to..and sent with date time. No confirmation of anything.
This is very frustrating cause I KNOW there are other users out there who want a way to know if their message has been delivered to the handset.
I've went into settings:
Send message settings; and receive message settings and have 'handcent delivery report'. checked.
send message doesn't have a notification option that I see...
I know I could call her or her boyfriend, but then why text at all?

I've seen a lil green checkbox on some of my previous sent text that I long press and it pulls up a lil received popup or pending....but for whatever reason those are gone now.

Ludicrous

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yes there is a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION icon that appears next to the message box/bubble, i know because i use it. There's a spinning gear icon that eventually turns into a Blue (sending) then green circle with a check-mark in it when the message is delivered.

Go into settings of Handcent/notifications/receive message setting and only check-off delivery confirmation from carrier... i had to test mine with a friend to make sure i had it set right.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Cool, I just enabled this but I sent myself a message and it's been delivered but the blue clock icon is still showing instead of the green check mark.....

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

xocarrie

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is true for everyone, but I only see the 'delivered' icon (green check) if the recipient is a Verizon user as well. I can not see when my messages to users from other networks are delivered, just that the message has been 'sent' (blue clock icon).

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
@ Ludicrous..
Handcent/notifications, sent notifications and put a green circle in 'notify when message is received (needs carrier support)...is that where you are talking about? Cause that's all I have. I uninstalled the app and reinstallled it.
and THANKS for your help!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, I am on Sprint and the notification doesn't even turn into a green check with Sprint users. I guess I'm out of luck. :)

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine working. Dunno what the breakdown was, I just set it back to defaults and turned it on. I noticed that the VZW contacts work fine, but AT&T always show as pending...
Thanks!