Hey Android Crew,

I've been searching for a month to find a solution for getting my tasks onto my Nexus One. There are suites like Roadsync and TouchDown, but I'm really only looking for a task solution at this point.

Here is my setup:
    Exchange account
    Outlook 2007 (eventually 2010)

I have accepted that there is no Task only Activesync solution.
    What I'm hoping to settle for now, is a service that I can sync with my Outlook application. And my extension, Outlook with sync with my exchange account. Then an Android app that will sync with this Third Party service.

The services I've been able to identify so far are:
    Remember the Milk
    Toodledo

Any thoughts on how I can make either of these work? Or perhaps there is some other service?

If not, then I may have to settle for a desktop sync like MissingSync or CompanionLink.

thanks in advanced...
    07-24-2010 01:54 PM
    Well, I can only help halfway here, but I'll try. Maybe somebody else will come along and fill in the blanks...

I don't have any experience syncing Outlook with Toodledo, but for syncing your Android device to Toodledo, I highly recommend the app called Got To Do. It's a 'Getting Things Done'-centric app and it syncs really well with Toodledo.

Hopefully that helps a little in getting you to where you need to be.

Jeff

P.S. Just found this on Toodledo's website. Has a certain scary element to it, as you'll see when you read...

Toodledo : Outlook Synchronization
    07-24-2010 07:10 PM
    If you like remember the milk, you can install Astrid Tasks on your phone, which syncs very easily with remember the milk.
    07-26-2010 03:13 AM
    I had problems with repeating event in Astrid. I changed over to Toodledo and Got To Do for Android and am happy with that combination.
    07-26-2010 09:25 AM
    I'm using Toodledo and Got to Do. No hiccups at all; everything syncs perfectly and automatically. I'm incredibly underwhelmed by the GTD app on my DI - it is about as plain jane as you can get - but it is better than nothing.
    07-27-2010 06:57 AM
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm getting the feeling that there isn't a full circle solution for me. I suppose I will have to think about whether its worth me moving my task list to another system.

Even Missing Sync doesn't have a desktop solution for tasks.

Am I missing something? Why does this seem so hard? iOS, Android... even WinPhone 7 may not support tasks out of the box. Hmm....
    07-28-2010 06:25 AM
    I know you mentioned a task only, but the more i researched it myself as well I have come to realize that Touchdown is by far the best at syncing my tasks.

In fact you don't have to use the mail portions at all if you disable which folders get sync'd.

I mostly use tasks at my desk via outlook, so I really just needed a way to DISPLAY them on my phone.. I use touchdown to pull them in, and then "Pure Calendar Widget" to display the tasks alongside my meetings and other items in the widget. I hardly ever open the Touchbook app itself.

Just a thought.
    08-26-2010 05:19 PM
    Try using Touchdown. It is a full featured Exchange sync program that will sync Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts OTA.

It has a companion program called NitroNotes which can sync Outlook notes over USB. Works wonderfully! Best $20 I ever dropped on a mobile phone software pacakge.
    08-26-2010 08:31 PM
    Thanks everyone. I've tried TouchDown before and thought it was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was the Day view. I often have conflicting appointments at work and it seems to overlay them rather than putting them side by side. I like the Google calendar better in that regard.

I tried it again yesterday and realized all that I was missing with stock android setup. So I went ahead and purchased it. So now I have my Tasks and a better email client.

Thanks
    08-27-2010 06:13 AM
    what about Gtasks?
    08-29-2010 09:40 PM
    Also, I would recommend Due Today (sorry, got to plug my own app). If you use ToodleDo and like GTD, it's one of the best available.
    08-30-2010 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD