so yet another update for launcherpro. the dev hasnt released the changelog yet, but i have found 2 major and 1 minor feature upgrade.

the minor first (plus only): if you press the header on the contact widget, it will bring up the dialer/contacts menu.

now the biggies. the first is a plus exclusive: the bookmarks widget. it is similar in style to the contact widget, except it of course displays you browser bookmarks (in icon or list style). the second is a feature i have wanted for a while: the ability to hide unused apps from your app drawer. i dont know if this is a plus exclusive or not.
    07-24-2010 06:59 PM
    I'm guessing it's Plus only... I still haven't bought Plus yet, and I force close every time I try to hide an app in the launcher.
    07-24-2010 07:24 PM
    Where do you go to hide apps? I can't find it.
    07-24-2010 07:54 PM
    Menu, Preferences, General Settings, Hidden Apps
    07-24-2010 08:04 PM
    Thanks. I can confirm this works on both versions. This alone is reason to pay $2.99 im logging onto his site now.
    07-24-2010 08:07 PM
    I like the bookmark widget options. It would be good to be able to disable the titles of the bookmarks in the picture view, although I am more likely to use the 2x4 list view. To be perfect I would like a 1x4 list icon view and a horizontal scroll 4x1 picture widget (not sure if horizontal scrolling is possible but would work well for the contact widget too).

Haven't tried hiding app draw icons yet as I tend to use the app draw to access the apps I use less frequently. Will try it and see if it causes any issues. One thing I would like to know is that if the underlying app draw is affected if Launcher Pro is removed whilst apps are hidden. I will have to have a play.

Edit: Hiding apps in draw seems to work OK and they are not hidden when I switch to other launchers (although the Sense app draw did seem unusually slow the first time I opened it). Good update all in all.
    07-24-2010 08:09 PM
    how do you get the update? i paid a few days ago and i dont see a new version

haha...nevermind. loaded the marketplace and found an update
    07-24-2010 09:42 PM
    omg this delv. is amazing what else can be added to this app? i love the bookmark widget.
    07-24-2010 09:51 PM
    omg this delv. is amazing what else can be added to this app? i love the bookmark widget.
    on his to do list is a social networking (FB+twitter) widget, a calendar/agenda widget, and a messaging widget.
    07-24-2010 10:03 PM