LauncherPro Vs ADW Vs Helix Vs Home++

Jaime313

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
There are many different home alternatives out there for android and I've found these 4 to be some of the best in the market.

icon

LauncherPro: This is my personal favorite. Its fast, has 3 Scrollable shortcut docks and it has tons of addons and options, from a 3D drawer to expandable home screens to name a few. And you can buy the plus version for 2.99 that will give you HTC sense like widgets and a few extras.
over all its a great launcher...

bookmarks_widget_11.jpg

people_widget_screenshot2.jpg

icon

ADW: This launcher is much like LauncherPro but a bit more customizable, it has a customizable application drawer (galaxy one or default one) And you can apply themes to it from the market...

screen

icon

HelixLauncher: this it one of the fastest launchers I've seen, this was also one of the first good launcher to come on the market. On features it's short compared to others but its still a good home alternative. It has screen previews and rotation up to 7 screens and support for live wallpapers...

helixlauncher1.jpg

icon

Home++: This launcher has a new type of dock that will let you replace your
status bar. Also support for scrollable widgets, drop to uninstall and workspace looping...

18015-2.jpg

Let me know what your using:)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
LauncherPro - FWIW :cool: It closely resembles sense, but with many more customizations. The OP listed a few but it goes so much deeper than that. Try it out for yourself, you surely wont be disappointed.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I used Launcher Pro until the latest couple updates came out and since then it's been FCing, freezing up my preview screens, and just generally running much more laggy. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, changing up settings, but nothing helped. I finally had to uninstall and go back to ADW, and once I set it up the way I like it I've actually found that I like it better. The themes, app drawer customization, and all the crazy settings you can change to make it uniquely "you" are just outstanding. It's responsive and quick and I'm quite impressed with it.

I used to use Helix, for a long time, until ADW and LP came onto the scene with all their unique options.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using launcherpro and with its new (sense-like) widgets it really makes it useful for me. I never had a problem with htc sense but launcherpro plus is much much more flexible.

Viper

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro is great. I didn't even realize until the second day that the dock is also scrollable with up to 3 screens. Very handy. If you run LauncherPro with Beautiful Widgets, you can get a good portion of the benefits of Sense but with many more customization options.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro Plus for me. Unlike others I have found it quicker of late with no discernible lag except very slightly the first time you pinch to to see all the screens. I use the option to keep in memory which so far has been stable on HTC Desire. I do clear out the underlying Sense Desktop of widgets to reduce it's impact.

Some of the features of the others are interesting, like customisable app draw but coming from Sense I was just happy to get the 3D one. For all the different features Launcher Pro offers the selling point to me is the scrollable dock bar giving 15 slots. It totally changes the interaction with the phone for the better.

GlitchZero

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
ADW is great for me. I never tried out LauncherPro, but I did try Helix and the features weren't too great for me. ADW offers everything I'm looking for, so I don't really find the need to try LauncherPro, (yet) plus ADW's developer is really great at listening to his users and offering new features. :)

jedge

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
i've tried ADW and LauncherPro and i have 2 reason why i like ADW better.
1) can set the screen to a 5x6 grid for 30 icons per screen. Last i checked LauncherPro max was 4x5 (20 icons per screen).
2) ADW can resize widgets, and make them look good with the "Auto-Stretch" setting.

knowah

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
The best looking is HTC's Sense, but I don't use it often as it can slow down some and I like a change of pace.

Out of the options in the topic, LauncherPro. I keep installed when I want something a little different and I like the look of their icons along the bottom.

But my favorite is Zeam. It runs the best out of all that I have tried. And it allows screenshot capture of the home screen without be rooted.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
do i have to remove the original widgets on the original touchwiz homescreen? i've added them in laucher pro, but i didnt know if they would both run in the background that way. should i just remove them from the stock homescreen?

jamiedhouse

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I used Launcher Pro+ for a while and really liked it (still do), but just for the heck of it I installed ADW and it was much faster on my Droid 2. I did miss some of LP+'s widgets, but I have found most of them in the market.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i dont even think helix and home++ are in this discussion anymore. the other two have blown them away

as far as between LPP and ADW, i use both, but i definitely use LPP more frequently

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol