Been using Evernote for about a year now (mobile on my Palm Pre up until the last month or so) and really like the program itself. However, I have discovered that the Android version (running on my Evo) does not allow me to edit selected notes. Depending upon which individual note I have open, tapping the Menu button gives me the option to 'Edit' some notes, while others I am only given the opportunity to 'Append text.'

Does anyone know why this is and how I can fully edit ALL of my notes from my Evo?

Thx!
    ME
    07-26-2010 05:08 AM
    Stopped using Evernote when I moved from my Pre to an Evo, but there was a recent thread about this issue here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...-evernote.html

One commenter tracked it down to notes with enclosures (they specifically mentioned pictures or MS office documents, but I suspect it's any enclosure) can't be edited, per se, although you can append additional text.
    07-26-2010 06:36 AM
    Been using Evernote for about a year now (mobile on my Palm Pre up until the last month or so) and really like the program itself. However, I have discovered that the Android version (running on my Evo) does not allow me to edit selected notes. Depending upon which individual note I have open, tapping the Menu button gives me the option to 'Edit' some notes, while others I am only given the opportunity to 'Append text.'

Does anyone know why this is and how I can fully edit ALL of my notes from my Evo?

Thx!
    ME
    You can edit notes on your mobile by doing the following:

1) Create a non-formatted text note in the desktop client.

or

2) Create the text note on your mobile first.

The key is to keep it PLAIN TEXT without any fancy fonts or styles.
    07-26-2010 01:26 PM
    I find it highly annoying that I cannot edit my notes on my phone. Are there any alternatives to Evernote? I was hoping there'd be a Google Docs type application but I do not see anything like that in the Marketplace.
    07-26-2010 01:37 PM
    I find it highly annoying that I cannot edit my notes on my phone. Are there any alternatives to Evernote? I was hoping there'd be a Google Docs type application but I do not see anything like that in the Marketplace.
    I tried Evernote but since it didn't allow for synching the notes to the phone for offline reading, it was a non-starter.

I'm now using 3Banana Notes. You can enter your notes on the snaptic.com web site and sync them up with your phone or vice versa. Not as many features as Evernote but enough for what I need.
    07-26-2010 04:17 PM
    You might want to try this:

Springpad - Android app on AppBrain
    07-26-2010 04:29 PM
    Yes.
    I've found AndroNoter to be pretty good. It syncs with Simplenote.

If you want a note app that can take picture notes, 3banana is also pretty good.
    07-26-2010 09:13 PM
    Oh I'm really liking Springpad. This service looks wonderful. Not quite as full-featured as Evernote but it's looking pretty good.
    07-27-2010 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD