First of all, thanks in advance for any help. I'm slowly learning more and more about my HTC EVO and how to use widgets, etc. One of my favorite apps is the "here I am 2" app. I asked my friend what he uses to send his location on his HTC android phone and he said he uses the location function in WHERE.

Well, I just set up my home screens yesterday and figured out all these great widgets I could use. I figure if I can set up the WHERE widget, then I could free up a spot that "here I am 2" was taking on my home page. I see that I can add a WHERE widget, but how do I get to the location part of the WHERE app through the widget? The only things showing on the widget are things like weather, gas, etc. But even if I click on those things at the widget, I can't navigate to the "send location" part of WHERE. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    07-26-2010 08:21 AM
    Hi Coachdvc,

I am a little confused at what you are trying to do. Are you trying to send the location of a place you are going to a friend? Or are you trying to send the location of the place you are?

If you are trying to send where you are going, search the place from the WHERE home screen. Click on the location to go to its place page. From the place page, where it says "save reviews, map, ect." scroll that to the right to find share. Click share and you will now be prompted to send the location in a text or email.

To send the location of where you are now, click the send location button at the bottom and you will be prompted to to send that location in a text or email.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Brittany
    Where, Inc.
    07-26-2010 09:36 AM
    Hi Coachdvc,

I am a little confused at what you are trying to do. Are you trying to send the location of a place you are going to a friend? Or are you trying to send the location of the place you are?

If you are trying to send where you are going, search the place from the WHERE home screen. Click on the location to go to its place page. From the place page, where it says "save reviews, map, ect." scroll that to the right to find share. Click share and you will now be prompted to send the location in a text or email.

To send the location of where you are now, click the send location button at the bottom and you will be prompted to to send that location in a text or email.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Brittany
    Where, Inc.
    Thanks for the response. I'm trying to send the location of where I am now. When I open the WHERE app it's the "Send Location" button. My question is this: Can I get to the "send location" through the WHERE widget instead of having to go to the actual WHERE app? Currently the WHERE widget on the EVO only allows a person to select the following: gas, weather, check in, zip car, offers, news, starbucks, movies, and spotlight.
    07-26-2010 09:51 AM
    I see. I'm sorry but we don’t currently provide that functionality as a Home Widget (yet). Good idea though, we’ll think about implementing that!

Brittany
    Where, Inc.
    coachdvc likes this.
    07-27-2010 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD