Google Maps 4.4 update

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It adds a icon for places in your drawer. Click that and gives u categories to search similar to the where app. Which I still prefer.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Since "Where" is not available in Canada, I see this update as a huge plus. I mean they took a simple maps app, and they added navigation to it and now business directory :)

I remember the maps app on my 3GS, that was a joke lol

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble getting the update. it keeps tell me there is not enough room. Any ideas?

*Update--just fixed itself for no reason.

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I also had to reboot on my EVO to get the Places icon to show up. The Navigation program now lets you see a moving map without entering a destination.

drclayton

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i had to reboot as well (incredible)
but as for the update...
what does it mean "3d Maps"? I dont see that anywhere while naviagting... unless it is talking about street view.
But thats not really new.

Last edited:

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I moved all the new icons into a folder named "Maps" to make accessing them easier.

It seems to have fixed the "pinch to zoom" bug on the Incredible.

Places is cool, but I'm still a Yelp fan.

Navigation works as good as ever.

Can I customize a folder icon to represent my Maps apps?

TJH

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I stopped using Google Nag because it pretty routinely dropped me off a couple of miles from my actual destination. I wonder if this update fixed that issue.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using Google Nag because it pretty routinely dropped me off a couple of miles from my actual destination. I wonder if this update fixed that issue.

I haven't had that problem in the UK, So far it has been very accurate. Obviously not had a chance to test this version out yet.

kensayo

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi! can anybody post a link for download? i'm from venezuela and we never have the updates in google maps!.. Please.. there is a lot people on my country interested in this update

IceBone

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm from Slovenia and the maps aren't available in the market for me either, I have to update via .apk.

HTC Desire, stock.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
looks like this update completely renders google places directory app worthless. good thing, since that app was updated today too and the update totally borked it.

Blahzee#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I rebooted and the places icon still isnt there any other tips? it would it appear when you hit the menu button with all the other items right?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I rebooted and the places icon still isnt there any other tips? it would it appear when you hit the menu button with all the other items right?

Try doing a search for it on your phone. I'm using an EVO and I hit the search button and then type in "places" (without the quotes of course). Even before the icon showed up it was there with search and could open it.

If search doesn't find it, make sure your Maps app actually got updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke