Good location-based notification app?

sepandee

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My friend's on iOS 5 and one feature I saw that it has which I loved was the ability to put notifications/reminders based on location (e.g. popup reminder when I get to location X). I tried searching on Play Store but didn't find anything.

Can anyone recommend a good app if there is one? Thanks

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Setting Profiles will let you create a notification, or send a text message, based on any number of criteria, including location. Location can be based on a wifi access point, cell phone tower, or GPS location (if GPS in enabled, of course). Android doesn't (generally) do pop-up notifications. It's designed so that notifications don't keep interfering with what you're trying to do. Some SMS apps will do popups, though.

So you could text yourself (or someone else), when you get to work, and have that pop up. Or just notice that you've got a notification and slide down the notification shade to read it.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I tried this out yesterday. The garage where I park my car at work closes at 6:00 p.m., so I've created a notification in Setting Profiles so that IF I'm at my work location, AND the time is 5:45 p.m., my phone buzzes and gives me a notification that says "Get Car." Worked great. If it's 5:45 and I'm not at work, nothing happens.

patil215

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My friend's on iOS 5 and one feature I saw that it has which I loved was the ability to put notifications/reminders based on location (e.g. popup reminder when I get to location X). I tried searching on Play Store but didn't find anything.

Can anyone recommend a good app if there is one? Thanks

I've just released an app that makes location based reminders. It does popup, voice, and notification reminders based on your location. It's called Geobells. I know it's a bit late, but if you're still looking, you should check it out. Click to view on the Google Play store

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The paid version of NFC Task Manager can run tasks based on locations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC