[APP][2.1+] Sidebar

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Recently, with the whole craze of the Ubuntu mobile OS, I've been trying to find some kind of app that mimics the sidebar in Ubuntu. Sadly, I haven't been able to find any dedicated stand alone app, and although Unity launcher is decent, it lacks some refinement and I'd rather keep my good ol' Nova launcher. With that said, looking through the Play Store the other day, I found an app called Sidebar. It's a pretty sweet app that comes in a Lite and Pro version, I recently bought the Pro version for the settings and it's pretty sweet for a brand new app! (Less than a week old) It has some nice animations, barely uses any ram and definitely helps for the productivity since you don't have to open the app drawer. I take no credit for the app, all of it goes to this great developer Mohammad Adib

24r0a

Introducing Sidebar - A brilliant new way of multitasking on Android.

It's fast, functional, fluid, and customizable to your liking. Populate the sidebar with your favorite apps, and simply swipe in from the edge of the screen to gain instant access to the apps you use most. Simple - yet elegant.

- Fast, fluid, and immersive animations are integrated within Sidebar that keep it as quick as possible, yet help to add a dash of elegance to its presence.
- A simple Add button appended at the end of the sidebar summons a menu listing all the apps installed on your system. Simply pick an app, and it will be added to the sidebar for quick access.
- To dock the sidebar, simply select an app or touch outside
- To remove an app, simply swipe it out of the sidebar! Alternatively, long pressing will bring up further options such as inserting and replacing.

Customization:
- Starting on boot
- Adjusting the width & opacity of the bar
- Adjusting the color scheme & position
- Enabling/Disabling animations
- Adjusting the swipe sensitivity
- Enabling/Disabling vibration

Sidebar Pro
Sidebar Pro lifts the limitations put on the lite version and opens access to new customizability as well as functionality - elevating sidebar, to its most impeccable and pure state.

Development
Sidebar is in constant development. Development began as soon as the idea stemmed well before the debut of Ubuntu Phone and recent such apps. The developer ensures a smooth and polished experience to every single user. User experience is key in making Sidebar the perfect multitasking app for Android. Credit goes to Mark Wei for his StandOut Library.

The App:
Sidebar Pro
Sidebar Lite

23Zq2

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I saw the Unity launcher as well but I found it to look a little unrefined if that makes sense. I prefer the look of Nova or Trebuchet, so this is a nice alternative that does not need a new launcher.