09-16-2011 01:50 PM
36 12
tools
    In my humble opinion, BerryWeather is the best weather app ever created for a phone. The thing that really makes it stand out is the ability to add custom radar links to track and display all sorts of good geeky weather data. The app sells for $10 and is VERY popular. It would seem like that would be enough incentive for a developer to jump on this. Have I missed any weather apps for Android that function this way?
    07-28-2010 06:20 PM
    07-28-2010 09:56 PM
    I use Weatherbug Elite; it's not too flashy, but it gives me all the weather information I need at $2.

WeatherBug Elite - Android app on AppBrain
    ericdives likes this.
    07-30-2010 12:22 PM
    In my humble opinion, BerryWeather is the best weather app ever created for a phone. The thing that really makes it stand out is the ability to add custom radar links to track and display all sorts of good geeky weather data. The app sells for $10 and is VERY popular. It would seem like that would be enough incentive for a developer to jump on this. Have I missed any weather apps for Android that function this way?
    Ask the Dev to port it.
    07-30-2010 12:30 PM
    i agree loved berryweather, hey and how about flipside music player, loved it and miss it alot
    07-30-2010 12:34 PM
    I am not familiar with Berryweather.

I use Weatherbug Elite. Gives me everything I need (and a lot I don't). Multiple locations, Doppler radar (complete with animation), lightning strikes, weather alerts (which show in my notifications bar, which is awesome!), forecasts, wind directions/speed, layers for Radar, Satellite, Temp, Wind Speed, Humidity, Pressure, even Traffic (although I would use Google Maps for this). Even has webcams for my area.

Latest version added video for Rachel's Forecast, Pollen counts (yay, allergies!), and live observations.

I am VERY happy with it.

EDIT: just watched a Youtube video to familiarize myself with Berryweather. Not sure I'm seeing anything in it that Weatherbug doesn't have...at least in the video I watched.
    07-30-2010 12:46 PM
    One very neat feature of Berryweather is the ability to select / choose specific weather stations in a given area. In my case I can choose my own weather station so that data is shown for my house or my boat club, not just the city or zip code that is near that area. Weatherbug does not have that capability. It does provide "local" weather information, but generally from an "official" source such as an airport, or an approved Weatherbug affiliate. Some may consider this as more accurate or reliable information. It may be miles away from your specific point of interest however.
    07-31-2010 07:35 AM
    Berryweather also has the ability to use the GPS so you can get local weather wherever you are simply by opening it, also quick doppler radar for your GPS location.
    I too wish there was an app like this for droid BUT one that didn't lose it's mind from time to time and start giving you GPS location forecasts for weird places. According to Berryweather I have done a lot more travelling than I can remember doing... lol
    Of course when it does that it requires a battery pull to fix.

If the developers were to port Berryweather to droid it would also be nice if our BB purchases of it could be transferred over without having to pay for it again since many of us have paid not only for the app but for the upgrades.
    07-31-2010 10:06 AM
    The big thing that I liked was the custom radar links. Their were tons to chose from that launched inside the app (so you don't have to also open your browser). Their were many links such as IR, Satellite for cloud coverage, all sorts of storm movement detail, and radar shots off of the various coastal areas for hurricane watches. Take a look at this:

www.bellshare.com • View topic - GPS Tracker Custom Radar/Cams links & How to add them

To most, knowing what the temp and chance of rain will be is enough. I have a teenage son that travels 3 weekends a month playing junior tennis tournaments and being able to see/track storm movements in detail can really help you plan your tennis day when the weather is active.
    07-31-2010 10:15 AM
    I miss Berryweather !! Closest I have seen is weatherbug elite, but like you said, you can't select the weather station.
    07-31-2010 10:40 PM
    I agree with you guys weather bug is awesome, one click to ask the info I need. Fast too.
    08-01-2010 04:27 AM
    I just came from Blackberry and used BerryWeather, too. I've looked at this Palmary Weather app and think it might be the closest thing I've seen yet. Anyone using Palmary?
    10-17-2010 09:11 PM
    I'm using it now and like it. If they would add zoomable maps (radar and satellite), it would be perfect. They do have the maps and the animation of them is great, I just want to be able to zoom in to a smaller area.
    10-18-2010 08:13 AM
    I also went with Palmary from Weather Bug. Zooming woud be nice, but I like the alert functionality offered by the 2.
    10-18-2010 11:21 AM
    I also went with Palmary from Weather Bug. Zooming woud be nice, but I like the alert functionality offered by the 2.
    Just picked up DX for my wife, I have Storm2. I too was looking for BerryWeather style app and also chose Palmary. Palmary seems to have a lot of functionality and is also visually appealing. For $2.99 price seemed reasonable.
    10-19-2010 02:22 PM
    I too was a berryweather user, I use Beatiful widgets, its not as good but you get the added bouns of a nice clock (small and large) with a bunch of skins to chose from, weather only widegt if you choose not to use the clock and weather widget adn skined widegts to toggle gps, wifi, etc.
    10-19-2010 03:52 PM
    +1 for Palmary (I too came from Berryweather on Storm 2)
    10-19-2010 09:21 PM
    I just came from Blackberry and used BerryWeather, too. I've looked at this Palmary Weather app and think it might be the closest thing I've seen yet. Anyone using Palmary?
    I"m using it and you're right, it's the closest to BerryWeather that I've found. I just don't like the radar images, haven't found anyway to zoom in on them.

I also use WeatherBug Elite, so I can use the best of both apps. WBug has better radar maps and even a radar widget.

A port of WeatherBerry into an Android app would be another app that I would buy, really liked WB on my S2.
    10-20-2010 08:05 AM
    I use beautiful Widgets, you can set up a 3rd party app to open when youclick on the weather, I have that linked to open an app called radar now. Its not the best app, as it only goes based off your GPS location. It does animate and zooms. beautiful Widgets gives you a skinned flip clock and skinned weather widget all in one
    10-21-2010 07:28 AM
    I use beautiful Widgets, you can set up a 3rd party app to open when youclick on the weather, I have that linked to open an app called radar now. Its not the best app, as it only goes based off your GPS location. It does animate and zooms. beautiful Widgets gives you a skinned flip clock and skinned weather widget all in one
    Yep! I have both but always forget to look at the radar. Will have to link it like you said.
    10-21-2010 07:59 AM
    I like weatherbug but the radar is not so great. Berryweather was pretty nice. I don't think I would pay $10 for a weather app now though. I have Beautiful Widgets and it will launch Weather Bug Elite.
    10-21-2010 08:17 AM
    I'm new to the Android. Just switched from BlackBerry yesterday, and have been looking for a good replacement for BerryWeather all day. I'm an avid 12 month a year Harley rider, and travel all over the country. Accurate weather info is very important. If I can't find an app similar to BerryWeather, I will be taking my Android device back, and turn the BlackBerry back on.

I notice this was an older post, and wondered if there were any new developments since this thread went dead.

Thanks!!
    03-24-2011 04:53 PM
    I keep wondering if Bellshare is going to port over BeWeather as well. I loved it on my Tour, especially being able to change weather stations and add multiple radar and camera sites.

The closest I have come is using Fancy Widgets (or Beautiful Widgets) and have it open Weather Bug. Not exactly the same, but it works for now.
    03-24-2011 06:14 PM
    I purchased Palmary, and find it totally inadequate. I guess I'll have to wait for BerryWeather for Andriod, or go back to my BlackBerry.
    03-25-2011 10:55 AM
    Palmary is the closest to Berryweather except I wish it used Wunderground. I can't grab my PWS and get my weather from that, and the closest weather station is 20 miles away so it isn't always relevent to me.

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO Shift
    05-01-2011 05:47 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD