Im looking for an email app that can block emails during certain times of day.

for example....while im at work i dont want my work email forwarded to my phone, but when I leave work I would like to receive my emails again.

any ideas....I have been searching
    07-29-2010 02:21 PM
    Im looking for an email app that can block emails during certain times of day.

for example....while im at work i dont want my work email forwarded to my phone, but when I leave work I would like to receive my emails again.

any ideas....I have been searching
    None that I know do exactly what you want. MailDroid (yes I am the dev) will allow you to set rules up so that you don't get alerted (either led, sound, vibrate, and/or icon) during specific times of the day or day(s). I was going to also add a 'don't check mail' function to this, but I never got a request for it.
    07-29-2010 02:23 PM
    another option would be to turn of the data sync on the power control widget (the icon with the little arrows making a circle). However doing this will shut off all data to phone - only calls and texts will come through
    07-29-2010 02:42 PM
    None that I know do exactly what you want. MailDroid (yes I am the dev) will allow you to set rules up so that you don't get alerted (either led, sound, vibrate, and/or icon) during specific times of the day or day(s). I was going to also add a 'don't check mail' function to this, but I never got a request for it.
    this sounds almost like what im looking for. if you could add that function in it would be perfect. can one set up rules for each account individually or one set of rules for all accounts? im hoping they can be set individually.
    07-29-2010 10:19 PM
    I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard that Tasker is an awesome multi-functional app that allows tons of triggers and variables to be put in. It seems like that could potentially work for you.

There is an article from Lifehacker about it just yesterday:
    How to Turn Your Android Phone into a Fully-Automated Superphone

Store page:
    Tasker - Android app on AppBrain
    07-30-2010 03:28 AM
    EDIT: Whoops, double post. The forums seem slow at this moment.
    07-30-2010 03:31 AM
    Can you not simply schedule the peak times on the stock mail client so that it only updates manually during office hours?
    07-30-2010 07:14 AM
    this sounds almost like what im looking for. if you could add that function in it would be perfect. can one set up rules for each account individually or one set of rules for all accounts? im hoping they can be set individually.
    Both.
    07-30-2010 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD