How do you shut off the flashing light that goes with notifications? I have the app "Droid Settings Profiler" and can create three (four including the native) personalized settings profiles. But how does one shut off those darn lights that flash (brilliantly) all night.

I come to the DX from a BB Storm 2 where Bedside mode shut down whatever you wanted. So far, I have DX sounds under control at night, but not the flashing lights.

Suggestions please!
    07-30-2010 03:31 PM
    This is the wrong sub-forum for this question.

But, there is the Power Control widget. The toggle 4th from the left turns sync on and off. I turn it off at night so I'm not woken up by SMS and email. It may kill phone as well, but I haven't tested that.
    Arelunde likes this.
    07-30-2010 11:19 PM
    After I posted this query, I noticed it was the wrong forum but didn't know how to delete it. I had done a number of searches on the subject and thought I was back in the DX category.

Thank you for your information, though. Apparently, other than what you suggest, there is no way to stop the LEDs independent of everything else. Perhaps this will be remedied in 2.2. One can hope, anyway. It appears this is a common complaint.
    07-31-2010 11:29 AM
    After I posted this query, I noticed it was the wrong forum but didn't know how to delete it. I had done a number of searches on the subject and thought I was back in the DX category.

Thank you for your information, though. Apparently, other than what you suggest, there is no way to stop the LEDs independent of everything else. Perhaps this will be remedied in 2.2. One can hope, anyway. It appears this is a common complaint.
    I imagine there are some other ways, but what I don't know. But, if you turn off sync like I described, that would prevent emails from coming through, so no light for emails.

With Handcent SMS (alternative App in Market for Text) you can turn the LED light off for text messages. All that would be left would be phone call notifications.
    08-15-2010 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD