So I'm looking for an app that backsup settings and apps and so im wondering if there is a free app that doesnt require rooting
    07-30-2010 05:31 PM
    if your rooted i prefer backup pro very professional you can back to there servers or your sd card... if rooted you can back up all settings for apps and settings. but if not rooted then only apps and settings will be backed up.
    07-30-2010 10:52 PM
    I read through all the comments on MyBackup Pro and the app looks great, but one of the comments said that this will not be needed when Android 2.2 is released. Why is that? Does 2.2 have backup functionality? Personally, my only backup concern is the icons set up on my home pages and all the settings I have made to various apps and phone functions. That stuff takes forever to replicate as you can't even remember what half of it was.
    07-31-2010 10:26 AM
    I believe apps can reside on the sd card in Froyo so that is enough back-up for most users. The card can also be synced to a PC so that adds another level of back-up. It will not however put the back-up on the cloud like MyBackUp so if your device and card fails are-install would have to come from another card or back-up on a PC. I also don't know if Froyo will have a setting to allow scheduling back-ups automatically.
    07-31-2010 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD