Hello!

Anyone else use Foursquare on the EVO? If so, do you notice the program not able to locate your venues right away and/or tells you it "timed out" to often?

Thanks,
    Jamie
    07-31-2010 09:23 AM
    I have it on my Droid and yes, usually when I initially open the app after I left it on the venues tab it says a suprising error has occured! After a refresh, everything is good.
    07-31-2010 09:26 AM
    I get server is over capacity all the time. I have emailed them and they say that they have it fixed. Not seeing the fix though?
    07-31-2010 10:19 AM
    I get a timeout on almost ever initial launch. Always have to refresh just to get the venues to show.
    07-31-2010 02:16 PM
    I only get a timeout occassionally. My bigger issue (but I'm kindof new to foursquare) is that it must go by address or something rather than GPS coordinates. I can literally be sitting in a restaurant, and the venue list will have about 20 things that are closer, so sometimes I have to scroll down the list quite aways to find the venue I'm at.

Guess that's just how it works.
    07-31-2010 07:12 PM
    they have been having alot of upgrades due to more people using, and at first when you check in somewhere and it says your far away, its probably because someone was cheating and it thinks your where they checked in -especially if they created the venue. i have found that the more i check in at a place the more accurate it gets. and if your the mayor of a place you can go online and edit the details of that venue.
    08-01-2010 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD