09-21-2010 12:42 AM
49 12
tools
    BeyondPod is working great for me. I too was a DrPodder user and Listen just didn't cut it. BeyondPod so far does everything I want it to do - auto update/downloading, delete older podcasts once a new one is downloaded, etc.
    09-05-2010 02:49 AM
    No one use mediafly? I use it and listen
    09-05-2010 09:07 AM
    Doggcatcher is excellent for me. I tried acast and listen. Was kinda complicated to figure out at first though
    09-05-2010 01:20 PM
    Stitcher radio works great for me on my evo
    09-06-2010 07:24 PM
    what is taptalk ?
    Tapatalk is an app for viewing forums on your phone. Here's a brief description:

"Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Nokia. Our app provides you super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin."

You can go to their site to find out more. Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF
    09-07-2010 04:02 AM
    Stitcher radio works great for me on my evo
    I switched to Stitcher as well. Its much more low maintenance than Doggcatcher or Listen for me. The main weakness is that you can only hear the most recent podcast, but thats fine for me.
    09-07-2010 06:37 AM
    Where is pod trapper? I heard its coming.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-07-2010 12:12 PM
    You can download the Beta from Podtrapper OTA download.

I downloaded the Beta on my new Epic. I do like the application - it's very close to Dr. Prodder in that I don't seem to be limited to the Podcasts I can import.

The only thing bugging me is that the controls on the page are extremely small. I guess I'll get used to it after a while, but I'm concerned about trying to navigate a podcast while driving.
    09-14-2010 03:21 PM
    going to give it a try I emailed Marc and he was telling me its in beta. I loved that app on my blackberry.
    09-14-2010 08:14 PM
    Finally got DoggCatcher after playing with many others yesterday. So far I am quite happy.
    09-15-2010 08:51 AM
    I use BeyondPod. I just recently switched to it from Listen. I wanted to try DoggCatcher. However with no trail (24 hours is not enough) I wasn't able to try it out.

So I went with BeyondPod after trying it for a week and really like it. Google Listen did everything I wanted except download/play Video podcast.

If you're just doing audio though Google Listen is a pretty good free option. I really like BeyondPod though.
    09-15-2010 09:28 AM
    I use podtrapper. I purchased a full registered copy when I had my storm 1 then transferred it to my s2 and marcus had no problem transferring it to my new droid x. Well worth buying the full version.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    09-15-2010 06:05 PM
    Just regular old Google Listen.

Get em. Plays em. Deletes em.

Easy to manage as part of your Google Reader subscriptions.
    09-15-2010 09:00 PM
    Are there any podcast apps that will auto-download new podcasts episodes like iTunes used to do for me?
    Google Listen.
    09-15-2010 09:02 PM
    Yes google listen has behaving better with subscriptions lately
    09-16-2010 07:53 AM
    Yes google listen has behaving better with subscriptions lately
    My issue with Listen is that Id frequently mark all as read if I have a lot of Google Reader items, and then Id miss podcasts.
    09-16-2010 08:19 AM
    I want something that downloads OTA via 3g or wifi. Listen was ok until I tried to grab the latest podcast on the way to work this morning and couldn't because I wasn't on WiFi. Also, I didn't realize it also worked based on Google Reader to where it marked podcasts as read. I do the same thing and mark all as read frequently.

Back to searching for a new podcast manager. Ideally I would like everything integrated into a single player like Doubletwist but I really wanted OTA syncing or wifi syncing. Google Listen wouldn't be too bad if I could grab music over 3g
    09-17-2010 01:40 PM
    I want something that downloads OTA via 3g or wifi. Listen was ok until I tried to grab the latest podcast on the way to work this morning and couldn't because I wasn't on WiFi.
    Go into settings and Un-Check "Download only on Wifi". Problem solved.

If its a subscription, the latest episodes will aways be on the phone, without you having to do anything.
    09-17-2010 01:44 PM
    I use mypod and it allows 6 free podcast, or you can buy the program and get unlimited. It OTA syncs and you can set it so it only syncs when plugged in or on wifi. I have it to sync while plugged in, but it downloads on 3g just fine.
    09-17-2010 05:23 PM
    Could not find anything as good as drPodder on webOS.
    I agree
    09-17-2010 10:42 PM
    Still using Poodtrapper...It's GREAT! I can finally listen to all my podcasts using one app. Oh, and the buttons have been fixed - they are much larger and easy to use in the car. This is one app I'd be willing to pay for.
    09-18-2010 10:52 AM
    I've had the best experience with BeyondPod. I used DoggCatcher for 3 weeks and got so frustrated with it. I had to tweek it constantly. BeyondPod works, has lots of customizable settings, I love their automatic playlist that you can give certain categories preference and/or certain podcasts.
    09-18-2010 10:54 PM
    My issue with Listen is that Id frequently mark all as read if I have a lot of Google Reader items, and then Id miss podcasts.
    I havent experienced / realized that mark all as read affect Google Listen at all.
    09-19-2010 09:48 AM
    I use Double Twist but not without its issues. Every time I sync my subscriptions I will make another copy of the original podcast right under it. So if I have 1 Android Centrals Podcast then decide to sync 5 times. I will then have 6 copies of the same Android Central Podcast. Or sometimes will leave the Podcast icon where its suppose to be but when you click on it to hear the podcast it will be empty. But if you scroll down all the way to the bottom of the podcast list there will be a "other podcast" link and the podcasts will be there without an icon. The only way to fix this is before syncing plug up the phone, fine the podcast in the podcast folder and delete them. Then go into the double twist folder and delete all of the meta data.. Then disconnect the phone and let it read the sim card/ Once that done I can plug the phone back up and sync and it will all be Ok. This sucks to do everytime I want to sync podcast.
    09-21-2010 12:42 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD