What are you using for podcasts?

Froalskiner#WN

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I want something that downloads OTA via 3g or wifi. Listen was ok until I tried to grab the latest podcast on the way to work this morning and couldn't because I wasn't on WiFi. Also, I didn't realize it also worked based on Google Reader to where it marked podcasts as read. I do the same thing and mark all as read frequently.

Back to searching for a new podcast manager. Ideally I would like everything integrated into a single player like Doubletwist but I really wanted OTA syncing or wifi syncing. Google Listen wouldn't be too bad if I could grab music over 3g

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I want something that downloads OTA via 3g or wifi. Listen was ok until I tried to grab the latest podcast on the way to work this morning and couldn't because I wasn't on WiFi.

Go into settings and Un-Check "Download only on Wifi". Problem solved.

If its a subscription, the latest episodes will aways be on the phone, without you having to do anything.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I use mypod and it allows 6 free podcast, or you can buy the program and get unlimited. It OTA syncs and you can set it so it only syncs when plugged in or on wifi. I have it to sync while plugged in, but it downloads on 3g just fine.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Still using Poodtrapper...It's GREAT! I can finally listen to all my podcasts using one app. Oh, and the buttons have been fixed - they are much larger and easy to use in the car. This is one app I'd be willing to pay for.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had the best experience with BeyondPod. I used DoggCatcher for 3 weeks and got so frustrated with it. I had to tweek it constantly. BeyondPod works, has lots of customizable settings, I love their automatic playlist that you can give certain categories preference and/or certain podcasts.

shawnzulma

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Double Twist but not without its issues. Every time I sync my subscriptions I will make another copy of the original podcast right under it. So if I have 1 Android Centrals Podcast then decide to sync 5 times. I will then have 6 copies of the same Android Central Podcast. Or sometimes will leave the Podcast icon where its suppose to be but when you click on it to hear the podcast it will be empty. But if you scroll down all the way to the bottom of the podcast list there will be a "other podcast" link and the podcasts will be there without an icon. The only way to fix this is before syncing plug up the phone, fine the podcast in the podcast folder and delete them. Then go into the double twist folder and delete all of the meta data.. Then disconnect the phone and let it read the sim card/ Once that done I can plug the phone back up and sync and it will all be Ok. This sucks to do everytime I want to sync podcast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois