Swype!?!?

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I remember seeing a commercial for swype and thought it would be useless, after using it I don't think I could text without it!

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i can't imagine not having swype after using it for a month now. i never thought i would like it but once i used it there is no turning back its amazing

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
go to swypes website. thats the only advice we can offer here. Links to the unofficial swype apk are prohibited so please do not post the links because your post will be deleted. swype's dev team has told us that they prefer the links are not posted on sites and forums. it is their property so we must adhere to what they say.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
why is this app still in a closed beta? esp when its of officially on other devices?

Probably so they can sell it off to phone manufacturers. I thought I heard that their goal was to have it come preinstalled on most phones kind of like the Droid X. I could be wrong though. :)

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably so they can sell it off to phone manufacturers. I thought I heard that their goal was to have it come preinstalled on most phones kind of like the Droid X. I could be wrong though. :)

Wouldn't they make more money charging for the standalone app in the market? Then they can make money on all new and old phones.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
You would think but that isn't their business model. They'd rather get a licensing fee from the carrier to put it on specific lines of devices instead which apparently seems to be working for them.

GlueFactoryBJJ

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't they make more money charging for the standalone app in the market? Then they can make money on all new and old phones.

If they can get it on every android phone made for even $.10/copy, they will make much more money than trying to charge, say $4.99 per copy from users. There are many companies that have made a very good living with that business model. Sometimes market penetration is better than fighting tooth an nail (MS Explorer is a good example). :)

Scott

hunterp

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Swype on the Droid past the beta?

Hey Guys,

I missed the opportunity to try out the Swype Beta. Any ideas how to install a working version now? The zip file i downloaded from Androidcentral stopped working immediatley, due to it being past the trial period.

Cheers,
Hunter P

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae